Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

Watching the Ocean (tide) flowing in & out (whilst listening to the voice instructions) - helped to focus & quieten the internal dialogue (a bit).

Adge

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

That's so beautiful @NatureLover How wonderful. I actually had a couple of moments of getting pulled away by life.. I think the power of the visual is really something to integrate. Even now, well at anytime really, we have the powerful to plonk a beautiful grounding beach in our minds 😍

ocean2.gif

I actually didn't feel I was thinking about life stressors all that much, but it was happening sometimes for sure

@ThinQ you could not have said it better! Felt exactly the same way 🙂

@ThinQ mindfulness exercises may resonate with you or not. It may be the guiding voice that you connect with or what the exercise focus is on. There is a treasure trove of Mindfulness exercises on YouTube (which is my preferred site), but many Wellness Apps that people younger than me prefer to use (e.g. Headspace App or Calmness App)

Apparently I have a very Active (or over-active) Mind.

I just wish that it would be more active (or focused on) more useful things.

Adge

@Former-Member wrote:

I think the power of the visual is really something to integrate. Even now, well at anytime really, we have the powerful to plonk a beautiful grounding beach in our minds 😍

That's profound - I had never thought of that. Thank you @Former-Member .

Lovely @Adge, it's nice how many of the earth's natural elements are super grounding. The tide, a tree branch blowing in the wind, a cool breeze etc 🧘🏽

@DrZoidberg I have been doing mindfulness for a number of years and there is always occassions that it is disjointed for me, it is usually when I stop doing as part of a routine or periods of high stress.

Thank you @Michael-CM
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance