Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

@NatureLover agree our minds have so much power we can channel amazing images in any moment as nashy said

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

Is that a Yogi Meditating image (Emoticon) @Former-Member ?

Anything to do with Yoga gets me interested - yep, apparently I'm dedicated (Yoga teacher said).

Adge

Thank you @Former-Member . It's a new thought. 

Yes :)! @Adge The little emoji of the lotus position! Do you do yoga @Adge? How do you find it? Would love to hear your insight. So glad to hear you're dedicated, what a kind comment Smiley Very Happy

I've been doing 2 yoga classes every week for almost 9 years @Former-Member

I was told that not many people manage (or do) that, for so long.

Funny, because I was sceptical (suspicious) of yoga, when I statrted.

My ex-evangelical friends told me that yoga was evil eastern voodoo stuff - stay away from it (they said).

Adge

@NatureLover @Adge @Former-Member @ThinQ @Michael-CM (and others here) .. as always time is slipping away from us 🙂 So for the final question of the night Smiley Very Happy ...

Reflecting on the body scan meditation we all did...What is now the noticeable change in you, after pressing pause on the external world for those five minutes?

For me I notice I feel very open, yet strong. My heart feels soft, but my back straight. It's like allowing that brief moment to loosen up and breathe, with no expectation of outcome, I in turn have some inner strength. Like I have just honoured myself and integrated some power that dropped off throughout the day. 

Keen to hear how you all feel 🙂

@Adge  I used to do yoga, and am impressed you have stuck with it. You have sparked my memory of how good it can feel and that I should return to it. Thank you

Nine years! Mastered the craft I'd say  Smiley Very Happy @Adge  How wonderful! Which form of yoga do you enjoy most? I have done a few Vinyasa sessions, but definitely an entry level yogi Smiley Tongue Thanks so much for sharing.

@Former-Member  Upon reflection, perhaps I need to listen to Bruce Lee.

"Don't think...Feeeel".

My brain was overthinking what my body was feeling and I just need to feel rather than think what I feel.

The noticeable changes are that I'm now aware of my jaw - I was a bit shocked that I had been clenching it without realising. My breathing is also slower as I'm aware of that too. Also, those 5 minutes were peaceful, which gives a sense of beauty that I've experienced. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance