Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

Not too much thinking about life stressors at all...the imagery was my focus, it was beautiful. 

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

@Michael-CM
Same here - beaches, rivers, waterfalls..i find you dont think about anything in particular, you just concentrate on the water flowing or breaking.

All the time @Former-Member There was an on-going background Dialogue going on throughout the 5 minutes.

I had to keep on Re-Focusing on the lady's words - "Breathe in, Breathe out", "Notice your hands" etc....

Adge

Only when I started crying did other thoughts start to intrude and I found it hard to focus but that was right near the end anyway.

@Former-Member I admit that for the first minute my mind was travelling to outstanding work tasks, before I was able to catch myself and allow my mind to be guided. I find closing my eyes and just listening more effective than watching the videos

Sorry I am late. My mind is too busy to do mindfulness tonight. I hope it goes well 

@Former-MemberHonestly, I did not have anything other than awareness when I did this meditation.  Hence why I need to do more of it so 'my tabs' will go away.  Thought I share this with you all.  I am a PTSD survivor.  I have healed from the actual trauma, however my last relationship (domestic violence) triggered some of my PTSD symptoms such as anxiety and 'fight and flight' to come back.  I also have insomnia, so I am definately going to try some mindfulness to go to sleep 🙂

I agree @NatureLover . I was focused but I have been in a good headspace so I could imagine remaining focused woould be difficult if I was under strain.

@NatureLover Many people I know find the imagery more helpful to focus on. In my mind, it just reloads thoughts. I have to catch myself when it happens. It is amazing how we all connect to things through different senses

It took me a few moments to connect with my body, but once she mentioned breathing in and out slowly i was fully attentive to what she was saying and what was being played on the screen. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance