Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: This is specifically for me only to write about things that happened to me. My thread that will remain continuous.

Hi @Powderfinger 

You are having a bad time - I have been reading your posts but I needed to care for myself and because one of my shoulders was operated on I couldn't use my computer for long and I never text easily - I read what you wrote and thought about it - and considered a reply

What you are going through sounds similar to my story with my mother - she was a mysterious and tricky person and did a lot of the things your mother did - and yes - after a few years of trying to explain myself I decided I didn't need to do that and left my family and it was the best thing I could have done for myself but I was miserable - you would think an adult could live their own life without their parents interferring - just see each other for birthdays and Christmas and have a good time would be enough - but really - they totally wiped me and I was out for years 

Enough of my story - I do hear the similarities to yours though. It doesn't matter how hard you try - whatever you do - whatever decisions you make - it's always wrong because there is no right way that will suit them - it's a puzzle - and I hear you

What can you do? I got on well with my father and so luckily I had the chance to have a good conversation with him before he died and I was vindicated and he seemed to die in peace - my mother went on for four years after him and she was really horrible to me and I left her in the care of my sister - and I could do this in good conscience because I knew my mother was in good care

But it was hard - and I think some families are so toxic that if one member has a different idea of how to live their adult life then - as I did - as you have done - it's best to go it alone but it is so hard - and I believe I did nothing to earn the status of outsider but there I was - and now - I do not have anything to do with my toxic siblings

I guess what you have to ask yourself is do you like yourself better with your family or without them - for me - definitely better alone - I have very few people in my life apart from friends - my daughter and her family - but small numbers can be enriching

I know it's lonely - and it seems you tend to give and give but the pain does not ease for you - I think you are depressed - you seem to be - and you could use some professional help

People here really care for you - I know I do - I am sure the lock-down has made all of this harder

I wish you the best - I guess you need to find your feet in a different world without your family - and as I did this in the past - I know it's a hard choice and hard to be so misunderstood by the family who one would imagine would love  you unconditionally - but it happens if you want to be yourself and not what they want you to be

All the best Ramble - keep in touch

Dec

Re: This is specifically for me only to write about things that happened to me. My thread that will remain continuous.

Hi @Powderfinger 

I hope you receive the support you are looking for. 

Am around for a chat if you need to.

Snowie

Hey @Powderfinger, sitting with you this morning. Take care and let us know how you're travelling if you feel up to it 🌻

I have been away, will catch up with the post soon. Much love xoxox

Hi @Powderfinger 

I am sorry you don't feel supported. I am happy to support you, we have spoken before and I care. Today though has been a complete sh*t storm for me and I am drowning. Whilst I can't offer anything right now,  I will be back and I will read from the beginning and I will respond. I hope you understand. In the mean time I am sending you lots of love and hugs xox 

@Owlunar that is a very thoughtful and considered response. I need some time. I know a response is never really expected. I'm just very frazzled and hurt. I need time. I have discovered and been warned to not delve into my past too much at this point. It's wise advice. I've got some decisions to make a a huge/long recovery process to go through. I will respond after some thought. Thanks Dec. 

@Snowie thank you so much. Hoping you are well. 

@Tortoiseshell 

Thank.you. To be honest, I'm.having mood fluctuations and my emotions are fluctuating. Not my usual style. I'm fully aware that I'm not well and I am aware of what is happening. I can only do my best. Thanks for asking. 

No problems @SJT63  Hope it was good. 

Take it easy. 

@Anastasia 

I'm.sorry today has been a sh**t storm for you. I wasn't angry at anyone in particular, I just thought perhaps people were not seeing posts on my thread as it is a continuous thread. I do not tag people as I feel people should have the choice to read whatever they want to and not want to. I just asked for a little bit of extra support around this time as I needed it. 

I look.forwsrd to hearing from you only when you are ready. Thank you for saying you care about me. 

Ramble Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance