Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Something has happened to trigger me

Something* has happened to trigger me. My anxiety is very bad and I can feel the trauma in my body. All my plans and goals for the day have gone out the window. I will only be able to manage the bare essentials today. I have fed my Pug and I have been eating healthy food, and drinking water and taking my vitamins, but now I won't be able to make chilli beef for dinner and I'm  starting to get hungry. I'm going to make myself a cup of tea. I can't think at the moment.

*It has something to do with my housing agency.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Something has happened to trigger me

Good that you're being resilient. Been there on the dream-meal-hyatus front. Don't push yourself too hard but allow yourself to make space for protein. Let your body be the guide, you know.

I'm sorry to hear that today has been a challenge @Arizona

Putting aside your trigger, can you find something to curb your anxiety for now? Even your pug? I sense your pug plays a great role in your life. Please say hi to your pug for me.

Hope you feel better soon.

BPDSurvivor

Hi @BPDSurvivor and @wellwellwellnez Thank you for your replies.

@wellwellwellnez This chilli beef recipe is the easy version. It's one of my go-to recipes when I'm very depressed. But I'm too unwell to even make that.

@BPDSurvivor Yes I have been spending time with my Pug. At times like this he is the only thing that consoles me.

I remembered that I have some chocolate in the cupboard. I'm having that with some vanilla chai. I'm trying to psych myself up to have a shower.

@Arizona  so sorry you've been triggered with something about housing. Housing is so tenuous. I really feel for you...sending hugs. 

Thank you @NatureLover ❤

You are not alone, I can identify. I run a gauntlet of triggers every, but I try not to let the triggers rule me, I manage the triggers. 

Hi @Arizona ,

Relationships are a challenge, aren't they? I'm still working on developing healthy relationships. It used to be all one way or another. All I can say is it is a work in progress.

Your chocolate and chai sounds good! Glad you could treat yourself.

BPDSurvivor

@Arizona 

I would like to applaud you for doing some of the things on your list.

You should be really proud that you fed your pug, eating healthy and drinking healthy, taking your vitamins.

Sometimes when I feel like I don't want to cook I might munch on chocolate and have a cuppa tea, similar to you. Like the others have mentioned be guided by what you feel up to doing. Maybe cook or microwave even a more simpler version of the recipe.

Relationships can sometimes be just as rewarding if you start with friendship, it can lead to other things. Then sometimes companionship can be just as good as a relationship. Sometimes relationships happen when you don't try or when you least expect it to happen.

Hopefully things have settled with the housing agency. If you are having issues, who do you go to for support?

What things can you do to ease your mind?

Sit and watch some tv? Pat and cuddle your pug? Have a nibble on some food?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance