Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Skray
Casual Contributor

My anxiety is so bad I'm afraid to post about it.

This how irrational anxiety can be:

This is my very first post, and I'm frigthened even to post it in case something 'bad' happens in a supportive anonymous forum. It's quite silly.

So I've spent a bit of time procrastinating and  working up the courage to say Hi.

Now I'll worry about if anyone says hello back, or worse, too many say hello. You can't win when the cortisol demons are running loose except to face them (sometimes). 🙈

9 REPLIES 9

Re: My anxiety is so bad I'm afraid to post about it.

@Skray 

Just a quick hello and welcome 🙂

You've found a good place. Many will empathise with your anxiety!

Hi @Skray,

Welcome to the forums! Hope you find that the online community is supportive and genuinely cares.

If you need anything relating to the forums, feel free to shout out to peers and moderators.

Warmest regards,

tropicalsun

Hi @Skray ,

Well done for posting despite your anxiety. I don't think it's silly. I think you're very brave. Good for you. I have anxiety too.

@Skray 

Welcome to the forums. I have been here about a month and found it to be a great place with supportive people who know from personal experience where you are coming from. No matter the issue you will more than likely find a me too post. Congratulations on taking the first step x

Meggle

Hello @Skray  I hope your anxiety is starting to calm down a little now. There is lots of information to read on hear and different threads to join in on. If you want to tag someone like I have done with you just type the @ symbol and a drop down box will appear with the most recent members, for any others just start typing there name and it will bring them up! 
Anxiety is really hard to cope with, but you will find lots of wonderful people on here ready to listen and talk. Don't forget to do some self care 🌷🌻

Hello @Skray and a bug welcome 👋🙂

I LOVE your addition to the Group Fiction Writing. It's great to have you here...looking forward to more amazing contributions and getting to know you 💕

@Oaktree tagging the creator of this fabulous thread 👋

TY for the welcome!

Given my confidence a nice little boost. 😊

Have even now had a turn on the story thread. What a great idea.

Two firsts. Posting to a forum and replying to a post. Never done creative writing before...

@Skray 

Creative writing is so fun, you should keep it up. You are good at it. The more you do it the better you will get too. I haven't written for a while so I am out of practice but I feel like I am improving along the way. The group writing thing is fun because you don't have all the pressure of moving the story on. You just add whenever you feel like it. I am glad you have found us here. I hope you find your niche. Welcome again.

Meggle

Hello @Skray 

Welcome to a whole new world where people are supportive and wanting to help.

Sounds like a non-reality.

It is virtual, however, the caring and compassion is real.

I have had varying levels of, and as a result, different symptoms of anxiety for many years.

I hope that I do not become the response making it "too many saying hello".

I feel for you and as others have said it takes great determination and strength, that we are not aware that we have, to push through our anxiety and follow through with something that matters. On some days just getting out of the house.

Far more energy isused to show up.

Take care, read, accept, learn and feel a part of our forums.

Sophia 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance