Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

@Captain24 sorry to hear the urges of SH have been worse.

I am glad that you do have a very supportive pdoc. Has your pdoc or anyone on your support team suggested anything you can do to cope with the SH urges?

It’s nice to see that they provide guidance, so there is no risk of failing the course.

Hahaha…throw my words back at me @espressologic. I’m currently sitting in the sun. It feels nice. I went for a walk with my CM as well. So I see both of those as self care. As for later on tonight I think it’ll just be an early night but I do have to get up mega early tomorrow to go to work. I do have Lego and diamond art but I am struggling with them at the

moment.

My CM appointment went well @Snowie. She has been short as there is quite a few unwell patients, some have been discharged from hospital still in psychosis and they have lost a few staff members so she is extremely busy. It was nice to have it explained. I’m not acute at the moment so my appointments are limited due to that. I did tell her about how I have been and the SH. She is concerned that I may be going backwards but can still see the positive changes in me and is proud that I can recognise them as well. 

I’ve put the assessment away for now @creative_writer. I have done most of it but my brain has had enough. The last 5 questions are harder. I need to do research and reference my sources and I don’t know how the reference. I need to do that with a fresh mind. I extended the date to ANZAC day to give me enough time.

I have also printed out the next one so I can start working on it as soon as I’m done. Then that’s the first subject completed as long as I pass. I kinda want the results of my first one back before I submit my second one. I just need to know that I am doing it right. 

Anyone up for a chat? I’m ok for now just need some company

@Captain24 I think it's always good to get extra time if needed. I'm here to chat, but my brain is fried from a heavy pdoc appointment, so I'm not sure what I can do to help? We can talk about lighthearted stuff?

Yeah it’s pretty flexible @creative_writer. If I want to extend it any further than 14 days I have to contact the teachers. I don’t want to put it off that long as it will just keep putting me behind. 

Light hearted is good. It’s what I need as things are going down hill at a rapid rate. 

Whats for dinner? 

@Captain24 totally get it. Can’t talk about some of the shit brewing in my brain. I hope you don’t find that impolite, I can delete that line if you want

I feel lecturers are often accomodating, at least they have been for me, but I have also provided a vague medical certificate that just states I have a medical condition.

I’m having fish (it’s in the freezer, no need to make an effort), I also have some leftover beetroot. Probably will have some good old leb bread. What are you having?

Nah it’s fine @creative_writer. No offence but I don’t want to talk about it either. 

I think once I start getting what I’m doing and get use to trying to study again it might get easier. My CM today said that she has helped people before and to just not overthink it. Usually it’s the simplest answer.

I think I’ll have a steak sandwich for dinner or maybe nothing if I can’t be bothered. 

Any plans for tomorrow? 

@Captain24 brain is a bit scattered. I almost forgot to pray and the sun will be setting soon, Muslim here.

Getting used to studying can take its time. I had a gap year between my current and previous degree where I worked and volunteered, took me a while to get into things.

Alternatively if you don’t feel like cooking, you can also make a sandwich with whatever you find. My mum has been creative in what she has put in her sandwiches before. Like cucumber or banana sandwiches

I have uni stuff to do tomorrow, three assignments worth 60% due within the next month. I want to finish it all on time so I can get the 10 days off before placement begins.

I feel like I am talking nonsense. Do you have any plans tomorrow?

Can you not pray after the sunsets @creative_writer? I’ve never really had anything to do with Muslims so I don’t understand. I’m not being rude just honest. 

Im hoping it doesn’t take too long to get into it. 

I hope you get them done so you can get a break. I’ve got work tomorrow. 

@Captain24 we can and we do. We just have designated times for our five prayers.

I find taking breaks and rewarding yourself can help. Every now and then I’ll get some water or eat something. Regular meals and water intake helps, I am also migraine prone.

I really hope that I get whatever I need to get done. A break is needed before the 500 hours of placement. It’s a crazy year. I hope work goes okay for you 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance