Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

JKD
New Contributor

Going insane

This last week or so I have just gone down hill and don't know what to do... everything has just piled up and now I'm stuck and can't turn off anxious and negative thoughts and feelings... 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Going insane

Hey @JKD

I'm one of the moderators. I'm so sorry to hear you have felt your anxiety and negative thoughts/feelings get worse recently, and aren't sure what to do. You've taken a great step in reaching out here. It's pretty courageous and I hope connecting with others really helps you with what you're going through. Ask members and us moderators any questions you have. Also the Community Guidelines can be pretty helpful in understanding how it all works. 

Look forward to seeing you round and take care tonight 🌻

Trumi
Casual Contributor

Hi @JKD 

I'm new to this forum too and I struggle with ruminating on the negative stuff. Today I've tried visualising an elaborate container, putting all the negative thoughts in it and sealing it up, digging a hole, putting the container in it and planting a tree on top. It kind of sounds ridiculous but I allowed my imagination to focus on what the container looked like, the landscape where I dug the hole etc. so my mind was distracted. When the thoughts came up again I started the practise again but imagined a completely different container etc. This is just what has worked for me today which is why I am sharing but I use many other techniques as the same ones don't work all the time. I need to keep changing it up to find relief. 

The 'stuckness' is tricky. Yesterday I wrote down all my possible 'outs', some were so ridiculous I even managed a smile. My favourite was a hot air balloon that landed on my roof and took me away from everything.

I hope my suggestions don't sound flippant I have found that my imagination can lead me to dark spaces but with some focus it can help me out too.

I hope things improve for you soon.

What do I do when I feel scared all the time and can’t stop crying
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance