Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

TheVorticon
Senior Contributor

Feeling untethered

I haven't been able to see my psychologist in 4 weeks because my work hours changed. Trying to find a new appointment time has taken over my head for the past 2 weeks and I've been waiting a couple of days for my psychologist to get back to me about a new time.

It's taken over my life and he's just off having a grand old time not giving a shit about me.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Feeling untethered

@TheVorticon that sounds incredibly frustrating. I can see how it would feel very much that you've been forgotten or neglected. I doubt it means your psych doesn't care about you - but perhaps you could express to him that you're feeling this way, so he might make an extra effort to get the appt sorted?

Thanks @Jynx. Though I know he wouldn't change his M.O. due to anything I tell him. I just need a way to stop caring so much about it.

Mm @TheVorticon I can understand that - waiting is the worst. I'm about to log off, else I'd stay and chat longer - but a distracting chat with some forums folks could help? 

Hope you receive word soon. Be gentle with yourself, night night 💜

Hi @TheVorticon 

I just wanted to check in and see if you had any luck in getting a new time to see your psychologist?

Just an idea (and I know its not an ideal situation) with your work times changing, would there be any possibility of an appointment via telehealth during your work time on a break, or would it be possible to approach your employer and explain that you have an important appointment at a certain time, and ask if you could have time away from working to attend or shift your break time to fit it in?  Telehealth isn't as good as an in person appointment, but in situations like yours it might be better than not having an appointment at all?

Warm regards

SkySeeker22

Still no answer so this is super fun. 

@SkySeeker22 I already do telehealth but there's no way I'm doing it from work. In 3 weeks time I should have a whole day off, once a fortnight, on a day that my psychologist works and he just needs to reply to confirm. Even next week I should be able to do my old regular time but he just needs to reply to confirm.

@TheVorticon 

I'm sorry to hear that you still have no answer from your psychologist.  It sounds like the regular day off each fortnight will be a great opportunity to have regular appointments with them again. Hopefully you get a response soon.

Warm regards

SkySeeker22

Thanks @SkySeeker22.

I'm really not doing great with waiting. I emailed last Wed and he knows that the wait stresses me out but here we are again, with never having actually worked on this as a problem.

Maybe gonna try a new counsellor but I dunno what I'd even say to them.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance