Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Just dropping by with love and kindness @WIP 

Hope today is better

💕🤗💕

Thank you lovely @Eve7 

I need it today, not travelling along too well so far.

I really hope you are in less pain today.  Is your Son coming to visit?

hugs to you 🤗❣️🤗

I’m sorry you’re not travelling well @WIP  Is it anything in particular?

Pain has eased today but I’m still in bed under the fan. It’s usually ok until I try to move.

S1 will be here soon and I’m going to ask him to help decorate my tree. I always get a real one as I love the pine smell through the house.

Do you have plans for today?

💙💚💙

I'm honestly not sure why I'm feeling blah today @Eve7  It could be anything - Lack of sleep, having a couple too many drinks last night, Mum coming home tomorrow from my sisters or my

psychologist appt tomorrrow.

The psychologist appt is on my mind as she's going to challenge me about my emotions over the past week, and they've been all over the place.

Christmas is almost here & it's always an awful

time of year for me - I struggle a lot. I come from quite a dysfunctional family, going back generations, so it's always been stressful.  Dads not here this year, my sister, nephew & neice are interstate, so it's just Mum & I.

For years now, she's always said 'it's just another day really'. 

I haven't put a tree up since the kids moved away - no point. There's no one to appreciate and enjoy it. Well, Levi might enjoy pulling the glitter balls off that hang low 🤣

Im glad to hear the pain has eased, well at least until you start to move. I'm so sorry you had that fall and as a result have this injury. You've done so well with your hospital admission etc, this injury is just such bad timing. Hopefully you'll be good for Christmas to enjoy with your beautiful family.

Love & hugs 🤗❤️🤗❤️

I am sorry you’re feeling like this today @WIP  and it’s possibly all those reasons.

My family growing up was very dysfunctional although we didn’t realise it until much later. I was determined to make Christmas memorable for my family when I married and had kids. I’ve always gone overboard with a real tree, lots of lights and decorations.

I’ve even been known to put up previous years Christmas cards to add to the total!! I do that at work too.

Turkey and all the trimmings see me slaving away in the kitchen for days prior...won’t be happening this year lol!!

Why don’t you put up a tree and some decorations? It might help your mood....I’ve done it in years I’ve been miserable and it has helped.

Take care sweetie. I value our friendship.

💜🤗🌲🤗💜

Thanks so much lovely @Eve7 

We sound a bit similar. When the kids lived in Melbourne, I went overboard with the tree,

decorarions, little gifts on the days leading up to Christmas - all the trimmings as they say. No point anymore! No one to appreciate it. I hear what you're saying about putting the tree up

to help my mood, but I know it won't work. It's the 2nd year passing of my Father on the 10th of jan -

so the days leading up are awful themselves, which includes Christmas. 

I value you very much too @Eve7  I'm sombery

lonely and my online friendships mean very much to me ❤️❣️❤️❣️

Yes we are similar @WIP 

My h died on 16 January and my dad died 10 days later in the same year so that last Christmas wasn’t good. Thoughtless me gave h pjs for Christmas because he didn’t have any and he told a neighbour he’d wanted a shovel so he could plant a tree!!!

The good thing about that last Christmas was my sister and family made the effort to come up. I also remember drinking too much and having to drive home via the back streets to avoid the breathalyser.

If you put up a tree I’ll appreciate it but I understand so no pressure hon.

With you today

💜🌲💜

Oh @Eve7 that Christmas with grief so close together - that would have been so difficult for you & your family. I'm so sorry.

Not thoughtless of you to give him pjs.  I don't think I ever saw my Dad In a pair of pjs. One of his best singlets and boxers that he saved 'incase' he ever needed them, was the best it got.

I have some photos of him Christmas Day in hospital 2 weeks before he passed - one of his best singlets one, a paper crown out of the bon bon that he gladly wore for me, a crown lager beer. And his favourite Christmas fare - fresh prawns & oysters. 
Not too many days later, we found out there wasn't going to be a miracle cure & he came home for his last few days of life - stretched,

unclean singlet an all....just like he always wore around the house each summer.  A man of routine was my Dad!

You've tempted me to put up the tree.....but maybe not! I'm not sure yet 1Would @Eve7  appreciate tinsel and decorations around the living room? I think Mum May have thrown her old tree out during the move earlier this year, so we might put mine up there.

Hope yours goes up today & you are feeling ok - not doing too much to aggregate that wrist of yours.Xx

🦋💙🦋💙🦋💙

Good excuse to get a fresh tree @WIP  but only do what makes you comfortable.

I just go over the top so I don’t have a chance to feel miserable...works for me sometimes

Yeah, no chance of a fresh tree - they smell divine & it's a good excuse to go up the shops &'visit my local fresh food market.  @Eve7 
They are too messy - little return for effort when it's only me who might enjoy it.

Tinsel & little trinket decorations will be the best I'll get to this year. 

I have to put something up for Levi after all!

ive got some of Ollie's left over sparkly collars & tinsel trinkets special for him,  just hope he doesn't like them.

im watching 'the undoing' on Foxtel -'all episodes back to back.'I picked the killer in episode 2 watching back, I can't believe how obvious it was. I think ppl only watched cause Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman are the stars.

I need a new drama to watch!!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance