Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: How's the weather today?

@Zoe7 - what's happened with your mum? I had lovely flowers delivered to my dad yesterday 'cause I can't be there. I thought your mum lived close? Have to watch this suture site - tummy, level with table / bench height but t otherwise good. Its 30° inside, aircon struggling 🔆

Mum had a hip replacement last week @Former-Member The first day afterwards she was okay then the nausea started - they think it was from the meds. She then fell and hurt her leg so she has not able to be mobile and the nausea has continued all week. They ran tests today and there is no knee damage - and they have given her anti-nausea meds to help with that. She is very weak though so it is going to take time for her to be able to move - which of course is not good for healing. My sisiter has been helping with everything as she lives close. I am only half an hour away so whilst not super close it is not too far. I will likely go to see her tomorrow and help where I can - she loves her garden but it is in a mess at the moment because she has not been able to do anything - so that is where I will start.

Take care with that suture site Hon - it is at an awkward height and easily knocked Smiley Sad

Wow 30 degrees inside is very uncomfortable - I hope the air con helps to lower that for you - it is hard to function in heat Smiley Frustrated

Former-Member
Not applicable

20201022-124725_1.jpeg

@Emelia8  did you survive the big storm this arvo?

@Zoe7  oh dear, your poor mum, hope she turns a corner soon. Gonna need support at home for a while. Maybe some mobility aids too. Pitty she had the fall, by she's in the best place for care. 

I just found my desk top computer, which is great 'cause I need some photos of dad. Trying to do a slideshow reflection of his life, and best photos are in this hard drive. I get tired so rad after rumaging in box city and shocking  back pain the next day, so having to do things in spits & spurts. Furbaby loves being my shadow outside, it's nice. I've booked her in for full clip Wednesday, that will help with the heat poor dear. 

Have a good night guys 🙏

@

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Adge 🐦 I see you there 👀 how are you?

Yes I did @Former-Member 😄

Lots of thunder and lightening.

And the bonus of about half an inch of rain. Much needed too.

Meant to be hot here tomorrow, about 35C. 😰  Yuk. 😕

How are you going EOR?

Mum is home now @Former-Member and she has some mobility aids. She has been too unwell to use them though - pretty much been in bed since she got home Tuesday. The anti-nausea tabs were helping a little this afternoon so I hope they continue to make her feel a little better ...then she can get up and begin walking again. She has a lot of pain from her fall but she also needs to begin moving so it is difficult for her.Structurally everything is okay and they think it is referred sciatica pain. I know that pain and it is excruciating so I am very much feeling for her Smiley Sad

You would get that pain too with your back pain after rumaging around in box city. Look after yourself Hon - doing bits and spurts is a good idea to not get too tired or too much pain. Super glad Georgia is by your side though ...do you occasionally fall over her like I do with Toby being so close all the time? (LOL)

I am also super glad you found your computer and can get those photos of your Dad off it. No doubt that will be hard for you too EOR but hold onto the good memories Heart

Hello @Former-Member How are you?

I hope your sutures are healing up well (try not to bump them).

Feeling Hot Hot Hot....

By Monday or Tuesday it will Rocket up to 38C then 40C, for the rest of the week (here).

The Rock Group Kiss has a song "Hotter than Hell" - They must have visited Perth (WA) sometime.

Adge

I just had a spontaneous Invite (Catchup) with my neighbour/ friend @Former-Member 

She invited me over for her Yummy Homemade Soup (& Whisky).

We sat & chatted for 3 hours (3-6pm), that's a long one.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aww, that's really sweet @Adge - some human face to face company 😯👍
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Zoe7 I make some Tawney's magic soup for your mum, it will help he heaps too lol yes, sciatica does seem to be my pain, the next day after lifting . Getting up some mornings brings tears. Its weird after resting all not but sure enough, when I think back to what I did the day before - lifting does it ☹️ guess it's the compressed bulging discs
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance