Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

Best Christmas Present

Hi guys. I thought I'd share with you the best Christmas present I've ever received and I got it today from my 14 year old son.
It's a Christmas card and he writes;
Dear Mum
Thanky for caring for me. I'm forforever grateful and it doesn't go unnoticed. I appreciate your hard working attitude to get me to the place I want to be.
Merry Christmas.
and then he signed it.
I've never received anything so beautiful before.
I've never received anything that meant more to me.
As a single mum, I rarely get recognised for the job I do as a parent.
So it's lovely to receive his thanks, and to know that he is growing into a caring, empathetic young man.

What is your best present ever received?
24 REPLIES 24
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Best Christmas Present

That is so beautiful @utopia And it is so true - you could not of received a greater gift than the undying love and appreciation of your child. That is so special and at an age where most are rebelling - what a wonderful parent you are, and what a special boy you have there. It must make all the efforts, the love, the giving, the sacrifices you have made "so worthwhile". Cherish the card taking it with you to the grave. So happy for you

The best present I have ever received is the undying, unconditional love of my husband 💕xxx

@Former-Member - my son is rebelling. But he did take the time to write the card. He also wrote beautiful messages in my mums card and my sister's card (& for her boyfriend).
He took the time and chose his words for each of us. Very special & a forever keepsake.
I love your best present. I'm not sure if you tell him that, often. But I'm sure he would love to hear that from you. Maybe share this post with him.
I wonder what he would say was his best present.
It's a good question to ask others. And would be interesting to hear what others think.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @utopia - situation normal with rebelling at that age. Your sons beautiful heart will help him come out the other end better for it I am sure. My daughter seems to have lost hers for now - just so tangled up in her own despair.

I have told my husband that he is the best thing that ever happened to me. And he saids the same, but then he would have too lol. I think he means it. I am in one of those second guessing myself moods today - just the time of the year I guess.

It is an interesting question to ask others and hear their response to "what was the best present they ever received". Many would be offline at the moment - hopefully a few more will see this and respond.xx

that is soo  wonderful @utopia, @Former-Member xx

My 4 yr old granddaughter saying 'Merry Christmas granny I love you' was very special to me this Christmas. Better than any present !! 🙂

@utopia, Its a credit to You for the young man he is becoming. 

Thank you @Heart. He doesn't share or show his emotions often - so his words are super special to me.
What's the best present you ever got @Heart ?
@Bridgetjones - your best present is beautiful. It is real true love and the words expressed from that love that are so precious. How wonderful that your granddaughter said those to you. That is a treasure to keep in your heart.
@Shaz51 what is your best present ever?

Our best present this year has been having dog home with us!

Hi @utopia

I'm am so happy that your son wrote what he did.  It just shows that sometimes we think our kids don't see or hear what we are feeling - but they do.  He appreciates everything you do for him and that shows that you are A GOOD MUM!!!  You are setting good examples for him to grow into a fine young man.  You should be proud of your son.  You do have ups and downs with teenagers, I still do with my boys and they are 23 and 20!!!  But I know deep down that they love me for who I am.

Being a single mum must be very tough and you have achieved something special in your son.  Be proud for who you are.

I admire single parents growing up their children in such a tough stressful life.

Love to you xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance