Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Best Christmas Present

Hello @utopia, @BlueBay, @Kurra, @Heart, @Bridgetjones  xx

Best Christmas Present  for this year  is

my Husband saying he loves me , and saying he thanks God for me everyday

..The smile on my mum's face when we picked her up from the home, also sister actually talking to me, and her eldest sone being attentive and interested seeming. Well he was. There were a few big compliments in the subtext  of his deeds Smiley Happy @utopia @Kurra @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Former-Member @Former-Member @Former-Member anyone who is still around Smiley Happy

Ohhhh that is totally wonderful @TAB my friend HeartHeart

.. just warming up lol, that's true nonetheless but just did a moany post and thats true too lol😀

So pleased for all of you here that have had some wonderful (personal) best christmas presents - warms your heart and makes you believe there is some good in this world. Thankyou for sharing.

I have three best Chris. presents ever - can't norrow them down!

1. All the Christmases I was able to spend with my grandparents - my nan especially was my best friend and the light of my life.

2. This christmas - having the wonderfully amazing @Former-Member in my life (and all of you - the special people in my 'forum family' - may not spend as much time with you all but that does not mean I don't think about you all and care how you are going!)

3. Getting a very special christmas message yesterday from my GP (after receiving a present on Friday - didn't expect that - very thoughtful)

Love to you all Heart

My best Christmas Present: 

1. Having my son receive his High School Leaving Certificate, getting his Cert 3 in IT, Cert 2 in Business. ( he has a learning difficulty. It is a processing problem where the information is in his head and finds it difficult to express that on paper/computer.) There was no help because he was not bad enough to have a grade/level that applied to him.

2. Having my family around for Christmas,

@Zoe7 @Heart @Shaz51 @TAB - they are all great presents.
Have you notice that it seems to all be about love & kindness.
I think that's brilliant.
@TAB - I also had a whinge about xmas yesterday. You can have many things that suck about a day - but then that is that one or two things that also happened during the day - where you think - 'life is good'.
Think we need to focus more on those good little moments.
@BlueBay - what has been your best present ever? Doesn't have to be from Christmas or even this year.
I know one present I got when I was 19. For my birthday my best friend bought me a beautiful doll. I'd only ever had one other doll (when I was little) & my brother pulled her arm off & then the dog ate part of her leg. I was devastated at the time. My best friend remembered me telling her this story once - so ahe bought me the doll. I still have that doll - 27 years later.

@utopia

Just shows that the material stuff isn't alwaysthe best present!

The most important things in life our how we feel (sometimes there are very strong emotional connections to the material - especially when they are given with love and kindness). I still have the first Christmas present I was given to me when I was 2 weeks old by my nan - will always be the most important teddy bear in my life - will never get rid of it. Psychologist gave me a bear about a month ago and that has been quite important because of the thoughts behind it and GP gave me a necklace last friday with a beautiful message to go with it - still haven't taken it off! All came from a wonderful place of caring and thoughtfulness -  means everything!!!

pretty much @utopia ..Smiley Happy

Hi @utopia

That's a hard question.  I'm trying to think back and I think that the best  present I got was being pregnant and giving birth to my daughter a week after Christmas.  After trying for 5 yrs to fall pregnant I finally became a mum.  Being a mum to my three beautiful adult children is the best present I can ask for. Watching them grow from babies to children to teenagers to adults - waiting for the next stage of being a grandma one day.  And I know that I will be the best grandma ever to my grandchildren.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance