Skip to main content
site-logo

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

Not too much thinking about life stressors at all...the imagery was my focus, it was beautiful. 

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

@Michael-CM
Same here - beaches, rivers, waterfalls..i find you dont think about anything in particular, you just concentrate on the water flowing or breaking.

All the time @Former-Member There was an on-going background Dialogue going on throughout the 5 minutes.

I had to keep on Re-Focusing on the lady's words - "Breathe in, Breathe out", "Notice your hands" etc....

Adge

Only when I started crying did other thoughts start to intrude and I found it hard to focus but that was right near the end anyway.

@Former-Member I admit that for the first minute my mind was travelling to outstanding work tasks, before I was able to catch myself and allow my mind to be guided. I find closing my eyes and just listening more effective than watching the videos

Sorry I am late. My mind is too busy to do mindfulness tonight. I hope it goes well 

@Former-MemberHonestly, I did not have anything other than awareness when I did this meditation.  Hence why I need to do more of it so 'my tabs' will go away.  Thought I share this with you all.  I am a PTSD survivor.  I have healed from the actual trauma, however my last relationship (domestic violence) triggered some of my PTSD symptoms such as anxiety and 'fight and flight' to come back.  I also have insomnia, so I am definately going to try some mindfulness to go to sleep 🙂

I agree @NatureLover . I was focused but I have been in a good headspace so I could imagine remaining focused woould be difficult if I was under strain.

@NatureLover Many people I know find the imagery more helpful to focus on. In my mind, it just reloads thoughts. I have to catch myself when it happens. It is amazing how we all connect to things through different senses

It took me a few moments to connect with my body, but once she mentioned breathing in and out slowly i was fully attentive to what she was saying and what was being played on the screen.