Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Apps to train your brain: Top Ten

looked at this a bit but did not find it convincing enough for me to stick with .. found this forum instead!

@w1sdumb

Great post and oodles of lived computer experience!

What are some of the apps called

LUMOSITY is my go to place for brain games and brain training!

I do like using apps to train my brain, but I use them to centre myself. I use pop task based games like Townville when I'm feeling helpless and I use cognitive games when I want to challenge the anxiety or when I am waiting for the adrenaline to leave my system. As for anxiety apps I have tried breathe but my anxiety rises the more I try to keep still. 

Been toying with an app called 'unstuck', it's like a worksheet for those times when you're stuck, and you can go on and then make a plan.

https://www.unstuck.com/

I've given 'unstuck' up, as I've become unsure about whether it's evidence-based, and the first step is 'choose an emotion you're feeling', but the emotions I get stuck on aren't there.  I wrote to them to ask if they were going to add more, maybe even allow you to dismiss ones that you're not feeling so they could have a broader emotional palette to choose from, and I got back that they're not considering developing the app further at this point.  Very disappointed. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance