Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Goodbye Topic Tuesday, hello Mental Health Recovery Webinars

@Shaz51 It's an amazing milestone! Was going to start a separate thread on how we should celebrate the 10th anniversary.

Ah, thanks for explaining, @espressologic ! 🙂

I like the idea of using zoom platform in webinar mode so it can give participants a sense of realtime visual connection. Would probably need at least two people to facilitate the session as one person would need to monitor and respond to the chat feed and direct any questions to the speakers.

I wonder if everyone would want to install zoom app on their phones? or whether the webinars can be accessed by a web client?

great idea to post it as a new thread and keep the conversation going.

self care routines can offer an array of topics.... including yoga, meditation, breathwork, EFT, sound healing, songwriting, rhythmic affirmations, nutrition, exercise, being in nature, reflexology, chanting, 12 steps recovery etc

I'm new so I never tried topic Tuesdays but I'm keen to sign up for the webinars. I understand your point about availability, I struggled with that and missed today's as I got home just before it started but was so wiped I fell asleep. I agree the transcript or key points maybe would be helpful if possible especially for people with attention, hearing, and/or processing difficulties like myself.
Do you get access to the webchat discuss questions/points sent? Or is that only viewable on the live session? I've never done a zoom.

@espressologic @tyme 

I'm very confused because we have the Thursday live forum peer group lived experience chat, this says about webinars but I can't find any, and there was a Topic Tuesday this week when is was meant to be over? So is there no webinars. I just want to make sure I'm not just lost navigating the site/services provided.

Hey @Andarna , thanks for asking these questions. We will let you know once the webinars are up. Webinars will run monthly for now. 

As for Topic Tuesdays, we haven't had one in months now. 

I wonder if you were referring to the Peer Group Chat? The Peer Group Chat runs weekly on Thursdays at 7pm-8:30pm AEST.

We also have a Sunday Hangout which runs weekly on Sundays 7pm-9pm AEST. JOIN US! Live Sunday Hangout 7:00-9:00pm AEST 

@OM108 wrote:

I like the idea of using zoom platform in webinar mode so it can give participants a sense of realtime visual connection. Would probably need at least two people to facilitate the session as one person would need to monitor and respond to the chat feed and direct any questions to the speakers.

I wonder if everyone would want to install zoom app on their phones? or whether the webinars can be accessed by a web client?

great idea to post it as a new thread and keep the conversation going.

self care routines can offer an array of topics.... including yoga, meditation, breathwork, EFT, sound healing, songwriting, rhythmic affirmations, nutrition, exercise, being in nature, reflexology, chanting, 12 steps recovery etc

Thank you for the topic suggestions!

For the first few webinars, participants will need to download Zoom separately to access the live event, or you can access it from a browser.  We are working on a way to integrate Zoom with the forums so it's all seamless, but that may take a little while and we don't want to hold off starting the webinars while we wait for the tech to catch up.  We will provide a guide for people new to Zoom explaining how to download and use it.

In terms of support, we will have a host, guest(s), and someone to moderate the chat.

@Andarna wrote:
I'm new so I never tried topic Tuesdays but I'm keen to sign up for the webinars. I understand your point about availability, I struggled with that and missed today's as I got home just before it started but was so wiped I fell asleep. I agree the transcript or key points maybe would be helpful if possible especially for people with attention, hearing, and/or processing difficulties like myself.
Do you get access to the webchat discuss questions/points sent? Or is that only viewable on the live session? I've never done a zoom.

Hi Andarna, we are very close to announcing our first webinar for June.  We'll make sure to provide a guide for participants new to Zoom explaining how to use it.  Zoom has a 'live transcription' feature you can turn on that will let you see what is being said in real time.  A recording of the webinar will be available here in the forums for those who can't attend live, and placed in a thread so the conversation can continue.  

Navigation health services sounds great. A list of current"Good ones" would be wonderful too
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance