Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

Hey there @Birdofparadise8 🙂🌺

sorry to hear Carlton lost the game.. I hope it was a good match to watch, anyway 🙂

I’m slowing down these days, taking one day at a time 🌺

Hows your day going? 

Sounds just lovely @tyme 😎😀🌺

I remember the feeling of sunshine on skin and face - how so very nice it can be ☺️

…it’s been years since I’ve been in sun..I’m prone to developing skin diseases because of a lack of immunity (immune cells in skin fight damage to skin) so sunlight is very toxic/damaging/burns badly with very little exposure, so I haven’t felt the comfort of the suns rays for some years now, but that’s ok - I do look outside when it’s sunny and enjoy seeing other people walking around clearly enjoying the sunny day 🙂🌺

Hey there @Snowie ☺️🌺

hope your weekend is going ok 🙂

spent yesterday cleaning and cooking as much as I could for the coming week 🌺 nothing like having some clean sheets and food in the fridge! 🙌🏻☺️

I hope your day goes well 🍪

So beautiful @Blackbird11 ☺️🌺💜🍂

Hi @PinkFlamingo 

It's all good; there is always next week. 

Oh, is everything okay? I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

I've just put some raspberry and white chocolate muffins in the oven, and I'm sitting down to a hot chocolate while I watch an episode of Revenge. 

What are you doing today?

Will you be on the group chat tonight?

Hey there @Birdofparadise8 🌺💜

I didn’t know there was a group chat tonight - I don’t get notifications of or invitations to these, and I don’t really navigate the site well enough it seems, to be able to find these things 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you kindly for offering to chat - it’s super kind and very sweet of you 🙂🌺💜

I don’t really speak much about what I’m going through in real time; that’s just me 🙂 have always been this way, will always be this way ☺️ Usually it’s because there’s no time to process: only to manage situations like a one armed paper hanger (which translates to being so busy trying to juggle/manage, there’s zero time left to consider the emotional aspects of what is happening), so I tend to hit pause on emotions constantly, with minimal emotional processing time before the next life challenge comes along.. kind of like constantly being in an emotional time-lag existence. I’m used to it.. it’s been going on for over 50 years now, so it’s pretty much my uncomfortable comfort zone. 

Anyway, today I’m still not off the various leads, hoses, and monitors that keep me going overnight, just yet… my body is living with jetlag from doing stuff yesterday. 

Those muffins sound amazing.. would you like to share a pic in Cook Along thread? 🙂🌺

Yeah here is the link @PinkFlamingo. I'll be there it will be fun being able to talk in real time. 

Oh, okay, that doesn't sound like it would be very good not to be able to process things. 

Why so many leads etc? Have you got new equipment?

Yeah, I will share them. 

Hey @Blackbird11 @ENKELI 

How are you both? I hope you're doing okay. 

Sounds like you had a productive day @PinkFlamingo 

Nothing better than getting into bed with clean sheets. Hopefully you won't have to cook as much during the week then.

Hope you have a good day.

Thanks for the link @Birdofparadise8 🙂🌺

I might log on and see what it’s like 🙂 

It’s ok - I always process on delay due to having to manage everything before ever considering how anything feels; there’s not enough hours in the day 😉
more oxygen monitors (sleeping with the little probes and wires on fingers, attached to a monitor that alarms if oxygen or heart rate drops dangerously low), and the new heart monitor implant in my chest has a device that monitors it overnight, and sends heart activity data to the hospital each morning for the cardiologist to view. It’s not healed yet - the stitches are sore and there’s a bit of bruising, so it’s keeping me awake at night for now. And the oxygen concentration connection is a bit fiddly.. I get wound up with the hose around my neck when turning in my sleep - kind of counterproductive hehe 😉 Besides that, the ventilator is playing up - looks like I’ll have to sell some stuff here to be able to afford to buy a new one now that they’ve been made obsolete very early due to product faults (it still should be under warranty, but the company has recalled all stock due to a critical life support failure fault), so I need to find $10,000 fast. 
anyway, all shite not worth the time to read about here 😉

will be great to see your finished muffins when they’re ready 🙌🏻☺️🌺

Thanks heaps @Snowie 🙂🌺

Yes, I was thinking it’s a busy week so making sure everything is in order to eat is a good idea 🙂🌺💜

have a good day and I hope you’re doing ok 🫂☺️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance