Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

It is Aromantic awareness week!!!

as the title says it is aro awareness week this week and i am wondering if there are any other aromantic people on here? i have known i was aromantic for a few years now it took me a while to figure out. 

also if you dont know, being aromantic means feeling little to no romantic attraction and is not to be confused with being asexual which means feeling little to no sexual attraction. if you are curious and have any questions i am happy to answer, otherwise happy aro awareness week. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: It is Aromantic awareness week!!!

Well that is a bit sad I forget sometimes how small the aro community is and how little people seem to care about us. 

Hey @Eden1919 happy aro awareness week to you too! I am not aro myself, but do identify as grey-asexual and the two communities do sometimes overlap. I have a couple of aro friends and it is always amazing to see how they've flourished once they realised their identity, and chose to detach themselves from the social narratives around people 'needing to find romantic love to feel fulfilled'. I subscribe to the idea that nature doesn't work in binaries, and that all kinds of compassionate, loving relationships are valid - romantic/sexual or not! 

Thanks for sharing, awareness is always so important 💜

What’s the mean

@ArraDreaming aromantic means not experiencing romantic attraction. You can learn more here!

Oh right

@Jynx  I also identify as asexual as well as aromantic more specifically i identify as oriented aroace I have never met another aro person or aroace person or even an ace person irl I wish I had but yeah I just haven’t it is a small community and there aren’t even statistics on how many aro people are out there it can get kind of lonely sometimes but anyway today is the last day of aro week so I am trying to decide if I do something fun. 

Yeah @Eden1919 very small community! The majority of my friends are queer, and through them I've been lucky enough to meet other ace ppl, and those couple or aroace folks! The majority of the aroace-spec community are in online groups I think cos it's so small! 

Did you end up doing something special? You could go on a 'date' with yourself! I like doing that sometimes, like take myself out to dinner and a movie. Our relationship with ourself is just as important as all the others! 

Hi @Eden1919 

Am a bit late but happy aro awareness week!

It might feel like a small community but there's definetly people out there - I've know a couple of aro/aroace people in my life! Are there any facebook groups for aro people? I imagine there would be if you wanted to find people to chat to who have common ground with you!

@Jynx  i didnt end up having time to do anything special no so that was a bit sad but oh well. yeah i am in some online groups and that is good but it isnt the same as knowing people irl. 

@Jasper_123  there are a couple of fb groups but nothing in my area that is the main issue with meeting people there are none in my area. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance