Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Queenie
Community Elder

Sorry I haven't been around

Well so much has happened I barely know where to start...

I've been seeing a psychologist to try and work through my grief and I am learning a lot about myself and processing my demons.  I recently did a review with her for my mental health care plan review and for the first time in my life,  I scored within normal range.  This is huge for me as I was told depression would always be part of my life.  Don't get me wrong,  I still need medication,  but for now I'm not in the doldrums. 

I also met with my Dad and he actually seemed like he cared about me.  This has also no doubt helped my depression ease. It was a great day. 

I've seen a reduction in my hallucinations and paranoia so much so that my antipsychotic medication has been reduced.  This means I can do more as I can concentrate and not so fatigued all the time. 

I also bought myself a new laptop as my old faithful kicked the bucket.  This means I am able to post again! 

Christmas looks to be a good day this year.  I am actually looking forward to it which I never thought I would hear myself say.  

I guess things are looking up!

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Sorry I haven't been around

So glad you are doing well on many fronts. @Queenie

Your bubbly personality was missed, but HEY if you dont need to post .. its ok .. do what is right for you.

cheers Apple

That great to know @Queenie, well done on getting through all of that, it must be nice to know you are heading in a good direction and looking forward to things, are there things that you think particularly helped? 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

OMG @Queenie that was so cool to read. I'm really happy for you. I really hope 2017 is a fabulous year for you. Hoping things continue this way.
Hugs 💜🤗

Hi @Queenie, its great to hear that things are improving for you. wishing you a happy Christmas and all the best for 2017. hugs Bridgetjones.
Merry Christmas also @Bridget,@Appleblossom and @Pebbles thanks for your Christmas wishes.May all sane members have a safe Christmas and new year

Hi @Queenie

That is really good to read that things are looking up for you.  I am so happy for you.  And for you to even see your dad and spend time with him, that's beautiful.  Well done, lots of hard work but looks like things are paying off.

Wishing you are a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  I really hope that 2017 is a much better year for you full of love and peace and happiness. xxxooo

@Queenie Smiley Happy That was so kool to read and to see how much progress you have made- I hope 2017 is a great year for you. Sending you peace and love and happiness and good health your way. Heart Heart Heart

Hi @Queenie, its great to hear that things are improving for you.

wishing you a happy Christmas and all the best for 2017. my friend xx

Wow when I logged in here this evening I saw all these posts! I am blown away by the response so thank you one and all!

Things have been a road of recovery of recent times. My move in with my gf is complete and I am plagued by a lot less stress. For the first time in my life I have some sort of stability in my surroundings. I am working with a competent clinical psychologist and although I am considered stable, I am able to call or email at the first hint of stress or symptoms and therefore stop things before they flucuate to out of hand.

I still see a psychiatrist and GP too, so for once I have a an actual treating team working together to keep me well and out of hospital.

Things at home are great. My gf and I communicate more and we are actually having a ceremony next winter at the first anniversary of our relationship commencing. For Christmas I bought her a diamond ring, she's never had one before so I thought at the age of 38 she deserved one finally. 

I have indeed come a long long way from 12 months ago. I was not finally secure, I was living in accommodation which was not suitable and stressful, I had no family support and was alone on Christmas Day. I even contemplated suicide on the big day, but something told me not to. Fast forward a year and I am about to celebrate Christmas with my new family (gf's family who love me like one of them), I live in a secure and nurturing environment and I am much more financially secure thank goodness. All in all I am far less stressed and for me, less stress = less symptoms of my schizophrenia.

So thanks friends. I hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas whatever you make of it and that 2017 proves to be YOUR year!

Tonight I gave my gf her very special present (the diamond ring). The present came with a question too and she said YES!!!! 

Wow how different life is from a year ago!

Merry Christmas everyone 😄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance