Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

esprit
Senior Contributor

Quit myj job

Just not coping reacting to everything very sensitive. Tried my best
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Quit myj job

Hi @esprit

I am sorry to hear that you quit, it sounds like you regret it but that you did as best you could at the time. sometimes people just need time off and out of the general rat race to recover maybe that is you for now and in the future things may be different. 

How are you coping now?

What do others think? 

It's the best thing to have a break. I can't go back just not up to it. Now I need a dr certificate but my dr is away feeling very vulnerable and not sure how to handle it. What's the worst thing they can do?

Hi @esprit

Stress has a physiological component.  I am going to hazard a guess and say you made the best call with the help available.  Dont second guess yourself.If you are not coping and not well, you are right you do need time off.

I hope GP and work figure it out and work with you .. whether it be a new or better job or not.

Thanks so much. Needed some support and positivity xxxc

I have a pounding headache and think I'm a bit shocked. I feel weird. Feels like everything is too hard and just want to give up but can't move.

Rest a bit til it headache receds a little ..

Do anything you just have to do for next 2 days .. but chill 

I have to sign off .. but keep poking around .. read old threads etc .. get to know people .. others will come and go

cheers

Former-Member
Not applicable

Rest rest rest. Hang on. You are exhausted. You will get better and find hope and clarity. Give yourself rest, nurturance and time. No hurry. Let the dust settle. The view forward will become clearer. You don't need all the answers right now. You can get comfortable with "I don't know" for a while. You have a RIGHT to rest. Give yourself permission. You can do it. You are stronger than you feel right now. May you be free from harm. May you be at peace.

Thank you. Just feeling numb.

@esprit. I hope you are feeling better now. Not so numb. Maybe even able to get some sleep.
I agree with what has been said before. You did what you needed to do for yourself at the time. Now you need to follow that up with ppositive thoughts, rest and doing gentle things you enjoy.
Reading a book.
Listening to music.
Watching a comedy and having a laugh.
Going for a walk in nature.
Craft, knitting, art, sport, gardening.
Having a bath.
Pampering yourself.
Sitting quietly and simply breathing.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance