Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Bianca3
New Contributor

Places to go

Hi,
I'm not to sure where to start but thus is my first time on a forum.
I was diagnosed with BPD early this year, I see the doctors and services in my area, I'm in NSW, but was wondering what other help have people seeked? I'm on waiting list for dbt programs but I am at the end of waiting and really need some ideas, from people who have tried or experienced BPD themselves.
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Places to go

Welcome to the forum @Bianca3

I have no experience with BPD but there are many others here who have. Try doing a search for Bipolar Disorder to find threads where issues that you may relate to have been discussed. 

Glad you found us - whether it be your first time or you have been here for along time, the people here are very caring and compassionate souls.There is no pressure here just support!

Again...

Welcome Smiley Happy

Hi @Bianca3

When you refer to the doctors, do you mean you're seeing a psychiatrist? Are you seeing a psychologist also as well?

I guess I'm just trying to understand if they provided you with any strategies or ideas, so we don't repeat ideas they have already put forward 🙂

Many people find peer support helpful - which is exactly what this online forum is 🙂

Also just to clarify, did you mean borderline personality disorder or Bipolar?

Thanks 🙂

Lunar
Senior Contributor

Hello @Bianca3,

That's great you are looking for extra services as well as on a waiting list for a DBT program, have you looked at the Australian BPD Foundation website? There are some helpful online resources on there that you could read through:

Australian BPD Foundation

http://bpdfoundation.org.au/

I have also attached a online support and a module that you can work through in regards to distress intolerance:

Borderline Bravery

Borderline Bravery is ran by a team of people with Borderline Personality Disorder from all across the globe. Their mission is to provide access to non-stigmatised resources and answers for other people with BPD. 

Facing Your Feelings.

A series of 4 online modules offered by The Centre for Clinical Interventions (WA Dept of Health).

Module 1: Understanding Distress Intolerance
Module 2: Accepting Distress
Module 3: Improving Distress
Module 4: Tolerating Distress

Take care of yourself,

Lunar 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance