Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

over1t
Contributor

I need help and don't know what to do...

Hi

I'm not sure what to do.  

I have a psyciarist but she is on holidays at the moment and I really don't feel that well.

I have bipolar and I'm hallucinating.  I don't want to do to a public hospital as the experience is terrible.

I'm not sure I can keep myself safe.  

Does anyone know of any other alternatives?

Please I am desperate..

11 REPLIES 11

Re: I need help and don't know what to do...

Hi @over1t

I'm sorry things are so bad right now. I don't know how any system works except public. so i'm not going to be any help. But i do wonder if even if you went to a public hospital today, and made sure that you're safe, if you can organise alternatives from there, transfer to a private hospital or look at other options with their help. Most important thing is that you are safe and looked after at the time you need to be looked after.

Would it help to phone life line? Or phone your hospital's mental health team to see what options there are.

here with you

lj

I might call the mental health triage ... the public system scares me so much

I would be scared too. will be here if you want to keep chatting or anything. I hope that the phone call goes ok and its helpful for you. i'm glad you're taking steps to look after yourself,

lj

Good luck @over1t. I think mental health triage is your best bet for now. Let us know how you go

Hello

is your psychiatrist in a clinic with other psychiatrists? you could ring and tell them you are doing it tough and do they have an emergency appointment with another psychiatrist, might not help now its the weekend, also if you do decide to go to hospital the mental health triage can ring and let them know your coming at least that can happen in nsw.

Hello @over1t, How are you doing? Hope you are safe and got the help you needed. Glad you recognised that you were not in a good place and opened up and asked for help. This is what this forum is about. Being able to reach out to people who understand and can offer some support.

Please let us know how you are going.

Take care of you.

whatever you do, don't take recreational drugs right now, and do not get behind the wheel.I am not sure it is safe for you to go swimming in the sea or look after little kids either just while you are hallucinating. If you have a friend to call to keep you company in your house, get them in. If you have a friend to visit or who can take you in, do so. Otherwise I would advice you to walk in a church, or a shopping mall (if you can stand the noise), or somewhere where there is other people around and you feel safe and spend the time around people. If some really stupid idea crosses your mind and someone sees you, they will stop you from taking a stupid action surely.

Hi @over1t

I am one of the moderators and just wanted to check in and see how you are right now? Were you able to contact your local CAT team and get some support. Let me know if you need further assistance and I can email some numbers to you. We aren't able to deal with crisis situations on the forum but can link you into the right services.

Keep in touch,

Frog

Hi @ohmshanti

I see that you are new to our forums so a warm welcome to you. The forum threads are monitored by moderators like myself to ensure that the forum remains a safe and accepting place for people to share their stories of living with mental illness, and be supported in a postive way. Please have read of the forum guidelines here when you have a few minutes.

I was a bit puzzled by some of your comments to @over1t as you mention situations he/she hasn't talked about. I'm sure that you mean well, however general this type of "advice giving" is not very helpful when someone is distressed. Perhaps a less directive tone could work better.

Tell us something about your own situation. I look forward to chatting with you on the forums.

kind regards,

Frog

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance