Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Flower confused & back

Hi all,

I'm so sorry to keep leaving the forum and coming back. Yes I need you all and I need this forum.

If I had to put my last year in one word it would be CONFUSED. Never in my life have I made so many irrational decisions or spend such an amount of time staring, not even knowing what to think.

Well I hope you all got through Xmas ok.

Chat soon x
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Flower confused & back

So glad to see you back @Former-Member

There are delicate dances we all do ..regarding how we manage down times

I used to go into stares a lot more ..

but not in the last 10 years .. I simply rest and do like a cat ..

never thought of it before but you have just made my day .. as I realise that I no longer do the stares or the Mont Park Shuffle .. 

I will be taking time off from the forum in january .. I dont have a smart phone and i will be away travelling by train .. so staying connected is just too hard .. 

I thought you were beautiful didnt seem confused to me ..

but thats the difference between our inner and outer being

@Former-Member. It's good to have you back here.
I hope your Christmas was peaceful. Did you spend it with family or friends?
My Christmas was ok. Always happy when I get home from Christmas lunch with relatives. And I have a heap of new books to read.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member

i'm glad you are back 🙂 hope that 2017 brings some help and clarity with it.

take care

lj

Hi @Former-Member good to see you here. 

I can resonate with what you are saying regarding the stares, I'm finding myself staring a lot in the last couple of days. 

While the year begun under a worst case scenario for me (I was hospitalised for 3 months), I'm determined not to let it end the same way. I have a different life now. 

2016 has been one weird ride I agree!

Hi @Former-Member,

great to see you back. Heart

I think I know a thing or two about confusion. It used to be my middle name.

Would you like to talk more about what's been going on for you?

Often, when we are confused, I think it's the influence of other people in our lives leading us in a direction we don't want to go in. Well, that's how it was for me.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello All,

Good to see you all again 🙂

@Sahara I cannot really pinpoint what I am confused about. Whatever I think about, I get confused. If I paint, puzzle or go for a walk I can focus on what I'm doing, but as soon as I want to think, I get confused. Whether it's past, present or future, it's all just a mess. I don't even want to think about going back to work and I know I need to. Here we go again, my mind is already racing 😞

So I just try to tell myself to shut up.

Hi @Former-Member 

So nice to see you back on here.  Missed you Heart

@Former-Member,

it's sounds a little like anxiety- but I am certainly no expert. Just give yourself some time.

It's good that you are able to focus on what you are doing in the present moment- that is a mindfulness exercise in itself! 

Gentle exercise is great, I have found.

Do you have someone you can talk to?

@Former-Member. Welcome home.
It sounds like your brain is just so tired and overwhelmed - that it can't think. That's okay. It just needs more time to rest and process.
Unfortunately there is no time line on these things. It will take as long as it takes.
It sounds like you are doing everything you need to. Walking, painting & doing puzzles.
Keep doing those things. Eventually your mind will refresh itself & you'll be able to thinkand plan, then
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance