Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Despairing

Content/trigger warning
Hi @NatureLover 
Thx for your concern. I'm doing better thx..managed to quiet the fear response even with some more hiccups along the way...
I took myself to the beach to aid relaxation. My son came with me as support. We went to buy some lunch and you would not believe it..there was only one person in the restaurant..you guessed it..my tormentor!! Out of all the places and thousands of people!!
Thankful that my son was with me. We walked out, got lunch elsewhere and then I threw myself into the sea. I am determined not to let this person steal my life away. I am focussed on calming the fear response and it seems to be working. I've been dancing a lot..getting into my body. I have also been doing tasks that require a lot of focus so I can't think about anything else. This person can make my life hell but I'm not going to do it for them by giving in to the fear and letting them in my head. I'm feeling stronger after the encounter and I have spoken up in my workplace so I have more support. More Psych tomorrow so I'll just keep doing all the things that work until then.
I really appreciate this space 🤗

Re: Despairing

Hey @Trumi, I'm sorry to hear your time at the beach included a sighting of that person from your past. I feel like this too speaks to your resilience that you were able to get through that situation. I can definitely sense that determination too in the way you pushed through in spite of the difficulty. It sounds like you've got a few supports around you in your son, your workplace and the psych, which is great to see. Glad to hear things are going well at the moment. 

TideisTurning 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance