Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support for L-B

Hey @Asgard ! All the best with the interview 🙂

I think I can relate to talking too fast when nervous. I think many of us can! 

@L-B ! Hope the rest of the week goes well for you!

Hi @tyme, thanks for being on this journey. I'm thinking of resigning again. Can't take much more of this. Or may try for reduced hours but my employer was against this. I suppose it can't hurt to ask but I am dreading the conversation as I may need to opt for resignation if it's denied.

I'm sorry to hear it is so hard today. Remember you've had better days @L-B 

Remember you have asked for adjustments to be made. It sounds like they value your work in that they want to keep you. 

What do you think is the hardest part of the work? @L-B  Is it anxiety?

The schedule is gruelling. The demands and expectations to fill every moment are high,  @tyme . My anxiety doesn't help.

Hey @tyme ,  I requested an adjustment to my hours. The ball is now in their court.

Thanks @tyme  --its on next Thursday - will try not let my mouth run away with itself

Hi @L-B  -- we have already arrived at Thursday, so how are you feeling......Asgard

Thanks @L-B 

The funny thing is that I know that I know the answers, being able to articulate my answers is another thing.  My written English is pretty good if I do say so myself, my verbal English not so great.  Used to have a bad stammer when I was young and managed to get over it, but when I get nervous it pops its head up.......Asgard

Hey @L-B ,

Good on you for self-advocating 🙂

Well @Asgard , I am here to cheer you on! Hope you ace it!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance