Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Seniors Matter

😭just list a really long post

You might find that its still in your profile area, under "drafts" @Former-Member 

I invited my neighbour over for Afternoon Tea (Snacks) today @Former-Member @Emelia8 @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Anastasia @greenpea @Appleblossom @eth 

She is in her 60's, still working.

It has taken longer (this time), for us to get around to catching up - Reciprocal invites.

It's been a very long tough week (for me).

With GP Dr overwhelming me during most of my Dr's appointment - with disclosure of 2 Suicides (in his immediate family), his physical pain & personal issues.

Harrassing intimidating emails from a Local Government Department.

Then culminating today, with my neighbour telling me of her Mental Breakdown at Work (only a few days ago) - & her being off work now, for several weeks at least.

Yes it was lovely to see her (my neighbour/ friend) - Gee, I cannot hear any more Terribly Bad news.

That was far more than enough for just 2 days (not even a week).....

Going AWOL to a Tropical Island somewhere Remote - Seems Very Inviting....

AdgeSmiley TongueHeart

That is all super tough @Adge 

How's this? Beautiful. isolated and just what you need...

Living on a Tropical Island: 8 Lessons for a long-term island stay

❤❤❤ @Adge 

@Former-Member , @Zoe7 , @Emelia8  xxx 

Thanks @Zoe7 That's a Lovely Picture - Looks like just the place I need to go to.

Or at least to Imagine Going to...

Thanks @Shaz51 Hugs to you too...

AdgeSmiley Happy

@Adge  Hugs and hugs Adge.  My son's psychologist discusses some awful stuff that he has to deal with in his job to son2 ..... son2 is interested (I dont want to know). Here are some cheery pictures which will hopefully make you feel a bit better.xxx

HAPPY | The Happy Moviehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Get Pharrell's album G I R L on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/GIRLitunes Get Pharrell's album G I R L on Amazon: http://smarturl.it/GIRLamazonMP3 Get Pharrell's album G I R L on Google Play: http://goo.gl/fwLdhZ From the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack. Check out http://24hoursofhappy.com to experience ...
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Emelia8 thanks for your lovely post Saturday, you understand the issues
'get it'
Yes, it was my Birthday yesterday. I didn't expect anyone here to fuss, or my relatives,  I don't deserve it, but my friend family IRL really stepped up and I had the best day 🤗  Unfortunately my son had COVID venue exposure and we jointly decided it would be prudent to postpone his visit. Good call as lockdown in Brisbane announced this morning. Such a bother this COVID business, but he did ring and we had one of our best phone chats yesterday.
Funny how when you expect nothing you get blessed the most 🤔 Doesn't matter as my future is secure.
Hope you're ok. Haven't caught up here yet

🍁🌿🍁🌿🍁🌿
Love & Blessings 🤗

Awwww geee @Former-Member ... I am really sorry I missed your birthday.  I wonder does our wonderful keeper of birthdays know @Shaz51 ?  I'm not aware of missing any notifications.  

I'm really glad that your IRL family friend stepped up and made the say special for you.  Actually I thought of you and your Son, when I was following the COVID situation in Brisbane.  The additional lockdown is a pain.  I really hope things are under control and the lockdown does its job.  Hopefully things can open up again in time for Easter family gatherings etc.  Its great that your Son phoned you yesterday for your birthday.  Shame he could not be there in person, but it sounds like you had a lovely heart to heart over the phone. 💞

Thanks for asking @Former-Member ... yes I'm okay thank you.  I just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and stumbling along. 😊  I am still feeling somewhat quiet around here, though I am checking in regularly and responding sporadically.  I havent heard from the vet yet either, regarding Hollys blood tests last Wednesday.

Love, hugs and many blessings to you too dear @Former-Member .  

Emelia 🤗🌸

Image result for belated birthday wishes to you

I am catching up at lunchtime @Former-Member and am very pleased your birthday went well on Palm Sunday.

Please take care my friend as you are very valuable.

🌿💐🌿🌸🌿🌹🌿🌺🌿

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance