Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Re@: My f@itness journey

dunno @greenpea  i m just old and pretty sedentary and put on heaps after stopped smoking @Meowmy 

@TAB That reminds me TABs how well you did this year with the ciggies. When will it be a year that you have given them up? @Meowmy 

new years eve @greenpea no cigs 2019 its day 349 today 

@TAB @Meowmy  our TABs the old tom cat

Image result for old tom cat

haha @greenpea  @Meowmy 

@TAB @Meowmy  well that is inspiring TABs. Stopping smoking means you can lose the weight too. 🙂 so can I I have no excuses.

I remember 20 years ago i exercised a lot more and ate a lot more veg @greenpea , started losing control of things 5 ish years ago lol 

@TAB @Meowmy TABs are you on medication which puts on weight? slows your metabolism down? TABs it is none of my business but if you dont mind me asking what diagnosis have you got? if you dont want to say that is fine I wont be offended. It is just that you have never said.

no, re meds @greenpea  have done in past and was way lighter than now so no an option depression and anxiety are past diagnoses. when things going ok everythings fine. When its not its not

Yes @greenpea  Always trying to get fitter.  Been big water girrrrrl for decades.  Got told off in a choir that it was not lady like to drink from my water bottle, by a lady who was big on being a charity queen, and that we orphanage kids were lucky to get cordial. No point arguing that cordial aint great nutrition to that lot, and I should not keep having to be eternally grateful for crap.

Weight ballooned in marriage, worked hard for 10 years to trim it.  No longer look round, taught son that his genes from my side were on the skinny side and he did not have to identify as obese.  Had to shift focus on getting a life worth living without worrying about shapes. Took him to free salsa classes etc. He has also lost.

2020 I will focus more on moving, but without pain or shame, as have to much pain anyways.

Yay @TAB  a hear no cigs.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance