Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Huge thanks @Zoe7, for the words and thoughts above and for being you. Will, very thankfully, accept those hugs, thanks ❤

More here @CheerBear .... 💚💙💜❤️💐🦄🌈🥰

Just checking in @CheerBear. Here with listening ears reading eyes if you want but only if you want/need. 

* warning ⚠️I am in a deep philosophical mood and over thinking everything. 

2139B0D3-0DD0-4074-B454-643C4A7CE8B4.jpeg

I'm not feeling very great tonight @Teej. My brain is a giant jumble and I've been feeling very blegh today. I feel awful for saying it, but right now I could use an emptier house than it currently is.

Thank you for your check in. It helps the alone feelings.

(I do overthinking well too)

How has your day been?

Hi @CheerBear, I have been thinking about you on and off all day. Really glad to read things went okay with the NDIS meeting. Wish I could work a magic spell to transport the other people in your house to another helpful place for them and for you. Hope you can find some 'you-space' here on the forum tonight. I'm participating in the Topic Tuesday as I write this so may be in and out. But, seeing you online, mainly just wanted to send you more hugs and support and love. Heart

@Mazarita huge thank you for being you ❤

I don’t know how you do the full house just now @CheerBear and it’s perfectly fine to say so.

I thought you might be feeling not great. 

My day day has been a pretty good day by my standards. I learned lots about myself in group. I froze lots in group and got very embarrassed in group when I had mashed brain and couldn’t think to speak when it was my turn but I think I understand a bit more. I usually would come away wanting to be swallowed up but I didn’t this time. 

Then spent a few hours with my parents which went ok too. Did the garden walk around....and got excited at the hundreds of little avocados that have set on their tree. Also planned Christmas Day and it wasn’t scary 😲

Have you a busy day tomorrow? 

The house feels kind of suffocating at the moment @Teej. I needed sleep/rest this afternoon that I didn't get, and also need to not worry about someone working things out. Only a few more days hopefully. Things will get so hard for my person when that happens and I do care so much about that, so I feel guilty for wishing it happened sooner/hoping it comes soon.

Love your day today. I am very glad you dont want to be swallowed up tonight. Something I have worked on lots is trying to believe that people dont judge me anywhere near as harshly as I judge myself most of the time. Not an easy one to remember all the time though.

Go you with Christmas day planning. Can you share some of your plans?

I have a busy-ish day tomorrow. The other day I suggested person and I spend the day going out and doing things (like walking around shops). Not feeling like that is something I'm hugely up for now.

My philosophical brain is not obviously a working brain :face_with_rolling_eyes: as I’m a bit lost on your post. It’s ok for you not to draw me a pick (explain it) either. I’m happy with sitting with I think this is what it means and I’ll work it out over time. 

My dad wants Christmas Day at their house. Both my parents are starting to age a bit and I’ve been mindful of having it at my house because it’s so exhausting for them. However that creates huge stress for me and I usually collapse under that weight. I feel like this might work and told them that the kids and I will come the day before Christmas to help prepare so it’s not all left to them. They much prefer to be home so that is good. 

I can understand how a day wandering the shops wouldn’t be high on your list of things you want to do tomorrow. Can you reschedule that? 

Oops didnt tag @CheerBear 🤦‍♀️

Sorry @Teej. I wrote that and thought the same in that it made no sense. I feel scrambled.

Theres a chance that person will be discharged soon and they'll both be home again. My person here is very worried about what that means for them and how they'll cope. A few days ago I was hoping it could be stalled a bit so they could get some supports in place. Right now, I want it to happen asap for my own selfish reasons.

Your Christmas sounds like a good balance. I cant believe how close it is to December.

I cant reschedule tomorrow as person has told the one in rehab they won't be going in. They're really looking forward to it. I'm just really tired I think. Today was an ultra queasy one. I remember it so well from the last times I have gone through this. All day sickness 😏 GP on Friday, which can't come soon enough.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance