Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

Hi @eudenonism, how are you today? Is everything ok?

Hi @Former-Member @eudemonism thanks for the suggestions. I love that dancing frog lapses - made me smile Smiley Happy

I'm a s-l-o-w frog today, but have managed to

• take the dogs to the vet
  • sort out some stuff in my storage cage
  • got my son to martial arts (good for his mood and therefore mine!)

Now aiming to 

• write a grocery list
  • sweep sweep sweep
  • make a salad for dinner

before getting an early night. Phew

Related image

Yea one of those days aye @frog ?
I'm a bit besides myself after trying to get a second pup for myself, i worked myself up for it, asked around for advice, and then had the big letdown/anticlimax

That sounds hard @eudemonism Is this a temporary let down, or a change of plans? I hope you can have a peaceful night. I'm aiming for an early one. I think a lot of my issues today were (lack of) sleep related.

Yea I'm hearing you @frog lack of sleep is a huge factor behind why i don't handle the stresses of life real well. -I drink to much coffee, i smoke to many cigarettes, i really shouldn't do either of them, because it throws my sleep and stability out of wack *big time. But for the time being-i am using them as coping mechanisms.

@frog re question... I'm going to take the advice I've been given. I get manic about plans and stuff. When really i should be realistic.

@Former-Member I've got serious issues which are just lingering under the surface of my outward appearance and facade... all it takes is for someone to say something or to bump into someone and it sets off a chain reaction. I avoid it. I pretend it's not there. I distract myself. But really I've been very damaged by my past life. I've been mentally scarred by it.

Love the dancing frog @Former-Member ..... 💕

Hearing you @eudemonism ..... not sure if you like hugs, so here is a fist-bump, cos I am thinking of you .... 🤜🤛

Hey frog.  Hope you're feeling a little better at this end of the day .... 💚🐸

BAF40F06-730E-4334-B33A-A73E366B4748.gif

I hear you @eudemonism 

its hard feeling out of control of our very selves sometimes, hypersensitive and easily triggered. I do it all the time. On & off, up and down. So over it!

I have yet to find God’s purpose in suffering. But you’re not alone, we’re not alone and one day we will understand all things. Just do the best you can, that’s all we can do 💜

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope 💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance