Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Way to go @Chameleon1 , @Krishna 😀

What kind of furbaby have you got @Chameleon1 

Blue English staffy bitch, 5 years old. Lovely dog.

That's wonderful to hear @Determined, it's a relief when you get that kind of feedback from your supervisor at the 3 month mark. It sounds like you'll have a much deserved break over Easter 😊

LoL

Well the break has not happened as planned @Rhye 

3 'bonus' days of work.

3 trips to big city (5 hour travel each time) 

Tried a cycle this morning to decompress but mechanical issues so now a 3 hour round trip to hopefully see a mechanic. 

Have a big annual ride planned tomorrow need it working.

Feeling tired and wired. 

Tired and wired, I know that feeling @Determined! Do you think there might be moments where you can weave downtime in, even if its just for 10 mins in the morning or night? This is a reminder to myself to do the same! It can be hard to infuse some self-care through your day when things are hectic.

How did you go with the annual ride?

Hi @Determined @Chameleon1 @Shaz51 @IslandGirl and to any carers who might be stopping by today. How are you today? 

Hello @Daisydreamer , @Rhye , @Determined , @Chameleon1 

Today I am thinking a 5 today coming out of a very not so good weekend 

But Sunday was better and a bit more restful 

Raining today 

@Rhye bike ride was good, although would have to be the hardest (not the longest by a long margin) we have ever done. Didn't help that we somehow missed the first hydration/ feed station. (Sinage was less than average for a major event like that)  Second hydration / feed station  was over ~50km in. Ended up with some mild dehydration and heat exhaustion 🥵

Was a great experience though. Over 1000 riders in our wave. Finished in the top 2/3.

Top 50% would have been better but did ok considering we are still recovering from after effects of covid.  Taking it easy today and tomorrow to recover. 

Oh wow @Determined that's huge, I'm genuinely impressed! I can't imagine riding that far. You must feel a little sore today after all that peddling? 

Have oncology follow up for S3 this week after MRI last week, while it is only routine surveillance and not expecting any issues something the dr doing the MRI said, more how she said it, after  has left me feeling nervous. Nothing definitive that I can explain, just a general feeling of uneasiness, similar to the feeling after first MRI and inital diagnosis .

All I can explain is the difference between a tender caring smile and a confident its all good smile.   Sounds stupid :face_with_rolling_eyes: but can't shake the feeling of unease. And can't discuss it with anyone. Darling is thankfully oblivious.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance