Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying makes it worse

I'm saddened to hear your flatmate is feeling the symptoms arise again, but I hope that with the right support and the friendship he has in you @maddison, he'll be feeling more himself soon.

Let us know how he, and you, get on 💜

Hi @Appleblossom I hear u and hope to be able to listen and validate...

It took me a long time to understand that some religious ppl don't understand abuse or trauma, and honestly are quite victim blaming 

if anyone is interested, I just read a powerful article about a veteran who dealt with severe ptsd....and his recovery journey. It was helpful to me

https://graphics.latimes.com/healing-jonathan-warren/

Thankyou @tyme that is beautiful of you to say💜

Thankyou so much @EternalFlower @Rhye 

Your support, gratitude & interest helps me so much! 💜

Thankfully, the medications assisted him to get good sleep last night. It is wonderful relief!

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced inability to sleep @EternalFlower . It must be completely exhausting. I think the body, mind, emotions become so overwhelmed when in sleep deprivation, it becomes very difficult to return to calm baseline that is required for rest🙁

Hi @maddison that's amazing that it helped

How are you feeling?

I am practising my new dbt skills,  today had a cold shower to experience a chance of temperature, as t represents this.

I'm not sleeping very well myself, and am feeling pretty hopeless.

I find it really hard to trust and connect to ppl after all my trauma.

My psych has been advocating really hard for me behind the scenes to change cm, and also he has offered numerous times to the team to attend the next meeting with me, but they refuse.

They seem pretty old fashioned and resistant to hearing me where I am at. It is indeed extremely tiring advocating for myself over and over.

I've been enjoying lots of serieses to keep my mind afloat.

I watch so many!!!

Honestly I just need a break from my anxious brain.

X

@Rhye @Rhye @Appleblossom @Appleblossom @wellwellwellnez 

Thankyou so much for reaching out @EternalFlower . I loved reading your message!💜 I want to reply properly & my brain is having a 'momentary weird blank moment!.'

I will reply properly soon🙂 Hope you are ok & can get some sleep xo

Hey @maddison 

😀

@EternalFlower 

At least you have someone on your team who has your back.  Work with what you can, protect yourself from those who have not earned your trust.  Now that I have said that to you, I will have to follow my own advice ... lol ....  Maybe they find it hard to get staff idk.

The traum link you posted was full on, so I took my time with it, but I gained something from it.  I am used to being the big sis like the guy, and know the devastation of loss.  So thanks for sharing.

Keep exploring your different tools, and customise to your own needs.

Apple

Hey @EternalFlower @Appleblossom 

My brain is feeling slightly normal again😄

How are you?

It was amazing that the meds worked & hm (housemate) slept. Was able to avoid taking next steps, which would have been stressful. Thankyou for your encouragement💜

You are very brave to take a cold shower @EternalFlower !! This would be a massive accomplishment for me. How did it make you feel?

I think that is very normal to not trust people & have difficulties connecting after experiencing trauma (or the opposite - trusting too readily) Personally, I think you do an amazing job at connecting with others here on the forums. I understand it can lonely. I think I mentioned in another post, I am kind of similar in regards to being able to quickly connect with others. My initial instinct when meeting someone new is to 'not trust.' 🙁 it is sad, it is how I have learnt to survive. 

I am really sorry to read about your experience with church member @Appleblossom . I didn't know how to respond.

Hang in there with psych & peer worker @EternalFlower . HM is still stuck with cw for now!! I'm happy for you to have be done people on your side💗

TV is great distraction for me too. Seriesess are good👍😄

❄️🚿😮. 💗💗

*meant to say unable to quickly connect with others* @EternalFlower @Appleblossom 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance