Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Uni stress or psychosis?

That feeling when you're not sure if it's uni stress or if it's the beginning of another psychosis.  Just generally feeling flighty and having trouble sleeping due to the change in seasons.  Nobody's out to get me specifically and I'm eating ok.  My regular psych is off at the moment so I can't speak to her to get sorted. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Uni stress or psychosis?

Hi @Gwynn it's good to know you feel no one is out to you and that your eating ok. Do you visit a mental health clinic? If so you could ring/visit them and explain to them how you're feeling, they may arrange for you to speak to another psych.

If not, the next best thing would be to visit your GP.

Hi @Gwynn ,

Its good you are able to self-monitor your mental health. This in itself helps a lot because it will allow you to be more prepared.

In terms of uni stress or psychosis? Could it be a mix of both? There could also be other factors.

Continue to monitor it and as @Schitzo mentioned, the GP is a good place to start if you continue to be concerned.

All the best,

BPDSurvivor

Hi @Gwynn ,

I have just applied to attend Uni next year, I hope this is something that I can avoid. Don't need any stress. I will keep an eye on your post and see if there maybe any useful thins I can take with me.

I've spoken to someone who doesn't know me as well as my regular psych and she reckons that I'm making a mountain from a molehill and that this is just my brain's fun new way of procrastinating on my assignment - making me second-guess my sanity because that feels more comfortable than knuckling down to the assignment. 😛
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance