Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Anxiety Shut Down Mode

Right now my Brain feels like shutting down and basically today has been sluggish a huge to do list but ended up barely getting any of that stuff done all I could manage today was driving to the grocery store,I didnt do the shopping though I asked someone else in my household to go in the shop to do our shopping I just sat there in the car kind of spaced out listening to calming music which seemed to help a little all the while staring out the windscreen into the rain as it has been pouring rain again here and I guess just completely zoned out then had to drive home which felt like even driving seemed hard,as soon as I got home I ate dinner even though it wasnt dinner time I just ate anyway now Im still hearing the rain bucketing down outside while thinking all I want to do now is watch movies or maybe do some journal writting yes mabe Im being harsh on myself but still this is how I feel ,Yesterday was a good day for me and I just have to remind myself to not over anylise everything otherwise ill turn yesterday into a bad day as well ,just genrelly tired although yesterday I managed a brave face in front of people they still saw throgh that brave face a bit in fact the person I saw had the most worried look on their face when I first saw them but yeah Im not one for talking much at the momment but yeah music is helping,its just means now theres a heap of stuff to get done tomorow which is annoying but yes sometimes its hard to function thanks for listening LostAngelX

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Anxiety Shut Down Mode

@LostAngel  Some days are like that. But there is always tomorrow.

You might like to look at Daily goals, motivation and check in . It’s a thread where some of us go and get some encouragement. It depends on who’s around, and what’s going on, but it might be worth a look.

Take care.

thank you maggie take care too X

@LostAngel  Just dropping by, hoping today is a bit better for you.

Sorry I’m short on words at the moment, it’s a bit dark in my world too. Sending some 💕💕

Hi Maggie sorry for not getting back to you Ive just seen your reply today but thankyou for checking in,Im getting better with time and still using music as my number one emotional outlet at the momment although somehow Im slowly opening up with my family to certain people who Ive decided I needed to just be honest with  about how Ive felt and guess what I found out I wasnt the only one feeling like this that has been a bit of a positive step forward,Im talking a little more to those around me although still working out stuff in my own mind so feeling or begining to feel some connections with others again which is helpfull,been out today and the weather is sunny where I am,hope your feeling better too maggie look after yourself LostAngelX 

@LostAngel  Sometimes it takes one person opening up, and other find their courage. It’s not easy to say we are struggling.

I’m glad you have your family. Connections are so important.

Getting out is another positive step, sunny weather can help with that. We have beautiful weather here today.

Thanks for your well wishes. Take care. ❣️❣️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance