Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

@NatureLover  hi mate,   no just backing off till i learn to ride ride this beast..   i have come to realize this thing can be a bit addictive so bit of discipline is required,   i just sent 2 big posts,  well big for me,   .  and they went,  had to swap( cazorp ) thats spelt backwords so it makes it through the gauntlet of monacaled scrutineers, but they went,  wrote them on some paper first.  makes me wonder how many of my letters made it through because of my bad spelling.  you must wake up before  my rooster.    asthma  .... throwing up ...  that cant be good.   no didnt expect you to do that.    hope you come good in the summer.    any way ill just ween my self of for a bit so i dont get to obsessed,  thankyou for the generosity,  of your time and kind words,   if your smiling , im smiling ...       tonys ..   moon base one 

Hi @tonys , thanks for letting us know you're not leaving entirely, that's great 🙂

I see you were posting 4 hours ago which is about 3.15 in the morning...do you have trouble sleeping? 😞

You're right the forums can be addictive! When i joined I spent the first 8 months or so doing 4 - 5 hours a day on the forums...and of course I got burnout. My psychologist has now given me a limit of 3.5 hours a week on the forums. She also gave me a strategy of doing the forums first thing in the morning and then not going back on till the next morning. So it's very rare I'm on during the day or evening.  

Yay that your two long posts sent OK! And yes, you make me smile, @tonys  🙂

Thanks for your good wishes, sending lots of good wishes back to you 🙂

Thanks @Tony, I really appreciate that. All those accidents happen even when you're walking down the right side of the road. My philosophy is just keep living, and looking after yourself. There's an app that says "When everything's going bad, just keep going."

G'day everyone @Abner @NatureLover @tonys @maddison @Captain24 @Helpmeheal @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Steven78 @outlander @Eve7 @pinklollipop15 @Snowie ,

Anyone around for a quick evening cuppa? I'll be around for another half an hour or so 🙂

tyme

Yes please @tyme . I have boiled the jug for my night cap and meds.

@Emelia8  are you still awake?

How was your day?

Lovely @Eve7 ! Thank you for sharing a cuppa with me 🙂

I'm so happy to see you here. I've had a pretty good day. Hope your day has been okay too 🙂

Your post of encouragement in another thread was so heartfelt. It really pulled on my heart strings.

tyme

@tyme I am around for a cuppa, I might have missed you though…

Would have loved a cuppa but too late @tyme 

Yes @Eve7 I'm still awake.  Head churning through stuff and wont shut down.  Just the normal thing lately.  Yes would love a hot chocolate. 

Hi @tonys 

Hope you are well! I miss you!! Gonna write you a long letter soon. This is only a quick cuppa! Oh, that's right I was going to ask you if you are still going to the big smoke & talk to your computer guy about your orange box problems? Could you please ask him for me, when are my cookies coming? I have been pressing accept for years- I don't know where the cookies are? I think I would like a variety.. Chocolate coated teddy bears, Scotch fingers, Monte Carlo. Any cookie is a good cookie to me. Since they owe me so many, I might ask to get them delivered here at the share cuppa address. That way we can all enjoy a free cookie with our beverage.

Ok. That's my attempt (edit) of a funny tonys letter. How did I do? I know it's not anywhere near as good as the real tonys. 

Hope to chat soon my beautiful internet friend.

maddison xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance