Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Did the pdoc give an alternative diagnosis @Shaz51?  

My mum didn't want me to tell one of my brothers she had a fall, I don't think I agreed to keep it secret though.

yes @Former-Member , @Owlunar , @Former-Member , I think Mum will be in hospital for long term one day xoxo

they sid for mr shaz to try different meds , but to go back to his GP about his weight gain -- which is next thursday

Was the pdoc the prescribing doctor for the meds that cause the weight gain @Shaz51 ?

yes , the pdoc the prescribing doctor said the meds that he is on now  is prefect for him @Former-Member but mr shaz wants to lose the weight

soo maybe do a low carb diet might help or get tested for diabetes 11

Mmmm @Shaz51  bit of a catch 22 if meds are keeping him stable. The trade offs in relation to side effects that are less likely to cause weight gain are very ordinary. The reason I asked is I do feel it is the responsibility of the prescribing doctor to help manage side effects rather than palm it off on the GP ... after all pdocs are medically trained and they are the ones the patient would negotiate with in relation to any change.

Mr Darcy has routine monitoring for a number of things including diabetes (fasting blood glucose) as part of AP prescribing guidelines. 

https://www.amh.net.au/resources/public/antipsychotic-monitoring-tool.pdf

interesting @Former-Member  as mr shaz has Colestrol now

Whilst there is a direct correlation with the twins weight it is tempting at times to blame all and sundry on psych meds @Shaz51 esp after reading CMIs, but we are getting to the age when things do go down hill too.

How did you get on today @Shaz51 ?

ohhh what a day my @Former-Member , work , mr shaz falling asleep after lunch

Mum needing me 3 times today , soo tired xoxo

How is Mum getting on with the supports @Shaz51

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance