Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

wish-it-was-ez
New Contributor

Out of treatment since 2013

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with BPD at age 19. (im now 33)

I was in consistent treatment until 2013. Due to having been living rurally, treatment has lapsed, and as a result  trauma that has occured my symptoms have gotten really bad.

I have been having NSSI episodes - in the past they were few and far between. Lately it has become more frequent. The Ideation has gotten really bad. I have many nights where i barely sleep because I am thinking about it.

My confidence has gone, I was always a unique arty person with a strong sense of self and now I dont know who I am.

I have only recently gotten my priv health insurance happening again, kind of preparing myself to go to a priv hosp for a few weeks. I feel like I am in a tailspin. Overwhelmed and very reactive. Really worried that Im not enough to get through this.

I have an appt in May with a new Dr but up until then im on my own. I have no friends or family, very isolated.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Out of treatment since 2013

Hi @wish-it-was-ez,

Firstly welcome to the forums! It is really courageous to come to a new space and share what is happening for you. It sounds so hard what you are dealing with right now. I am sorry that due to trauma and living rurally you are struggling with non-suicidal self-injury. Things sound so overwhelming, but you are also being really proactive in reaching out to a new Dr, getting private health insurance again, and thinking about an admission to hospital. It's also good you're reaching out here.

It sounds like you're really struggling at the moment, so I'm sending you an email to check in if you can keep an eye on your inbox.

There are lots of people who can relate to what you are experiencing in some way on these forums, I hope you find this a really supportive space.

Take care,

Tortoiseshell

Re: Out of treatment since 2013

Hi @wish-it-was-ez and welcome,

I haven’t been to sane in a while so hope you’ve received support on another board that I haven’t looked at yet. I can totally relate to SH needs coming up again and again, often year apart, amd living in an area without services is hard. I’m in Melbourne now after spending a decade in country WA and the difference between the two still astounds me. I hope you can keep posting here and getting support until you see your doctor.

peace,

Rayne

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance