Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Aiita
Casual Contributor

I wonder if your schizophrenia has changed over time

Good day kind people.

I wonder if your schizophrenia has changed like mine has. It started off paranoid, then delusions of grandeur, then i went through a gaia phase, then visual, then a shift in the commentary, now its poor self care.

Is it normal to morph like this or do i keep solving one type and another emerges...

I'm interested in your thoughts on this matter.

Kindly

Aiita

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I wonder if your schizophrenia has changed over time

Hello @Aiita 

I have known a few people with schiophrenia in the long term.  It could be a possibility that it is part of your personal development and maturation.  I came across ideas about Gaia at uni in the 1980s. Finding a way to blend the delusions of grandeur into a grounded valuing of the self might help your self care improve.  I am not great at it, and wander into my physio with bits of the garden stuck to me ... There is hope.

Take Care

Apple

Hi @Aiita Smiley Happy

My experience with schizophrenia is that the way it is expressed in me has changed over time. I think that's normal with most mental health conditions as people age, life circumstances change, etc. I hope that is reasuring. Smiley Happy

Rosie93 Heart

@Rosie93 thanks for that. Its reassurring to know that the condition varies over time. However I have observed with mother that hers has remained statically paranoid while mine has gone through at least 7 iterations.

But I do suppose one persons walk is not anothers.

Hello @Aiita 

Smiley Happy

When I look at my family life through the lens of individual histories and reasonable psychological functioning it gives a lot more insight, than that heavily loaded word "schizophrenia".  Yes my mother had that label too. It is a huge burden on the growing child. I wish the label/diagnosis had more of the dignity of trauma informed thinking.

Take Care

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance