Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Bow
Senior Contributor

Anxiety?

I’ve struggled with mental health in my past, it’s been some time since it’s been a real issue. But at the moment I’m going through a tough time and things feel some what out of control. 

I managed to get myself to my gp this morning to get a mental health plan, but she didn’t really discuss any of my symptoms and what I am feeling. I had built myself up to talk about it, but wasn’t really given the chance to. 

I have this horrible feeling in my body, it feels really intense at times, Tingling almost, like every thing feels tense, like I can feel things pumping around. I’m wondering if it’s anxiety? It feels horrible. 

20 REPLIES 20
oceangirl
Senior Contributor

Re: Anxiety?

Hi @Bow 

Welcome to the forum

Glad you reached out here- we are a friendly bunch. I hope you find support, advice and connection here. What you are experiencing and feeling is normal. I found what helped me most is taking action and structure and doing things that make me feel better. I hope you don't mind I have tagged others to give you support.... @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie @Owlunar @Flying_Hams @TAB @greenpea 

TAB
Senior Contributor

Perhaps try another doctor @Bow ?
Im a bit stuck with bulk billing here trying to get things sorted with blood pressure think going around in circles

@Bow  Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the tag @oceangirl ❣️❣️👍

I was wondering if making another appointment with your Dr, to specifically talk about your mental health.

Like @oceangirl  I understand how awful anxiety feels.

You will find understanding and support here.

The @brings a dropdown, and is how we tag each other.

Take care.

g'day @Bow
Nice to meet you
Its good you took action like that to get the mental health plan

Have you got a psych lined up?
Bow
Senior Contributor

@Maggie Thank you. Was thinking if it’s still this intense come Monday i may go back and try and talk more. My gp is nice, and said to come back or call her if needed. I hate going there though. I hate that I have this going on and frustrated that I didn’t just get it all sorted today.

Bow
Senior Contributor

@Flying_Hams I haven’t yet.

You are not alone feeling all that @Bow . 

I’m glad your GP is nice. There’s usually someone floating around the forums to talk to, so join in where you like.

Tomorrow we have Saturday Soiree - all welcome!! , you might like to chat with a few others through the day.

Take care.

This is something I have experienced before. Very rarely when I feel a severe kind of anxiety, I experience feverish feelings. My body feels pins and needly and aches. My senses feel so overwhelmed and it can be kind of freaky. Sometimes I just get it in one arm, other times its in this one spot on my back. Hope you feel a bit less alone and I hope you find i gp who is there to listen to all of what you are feeling. Maybe a psychiatrist would be useful? Much love. Xx 

also, @Bow

Sometimes meditation and calming music (i know i hate it too lol) helps subside that feeling. Also maybe you could write down your symptoms and thoughts and email /post them. It may help get them out so you feel heard. Sometimes face to face stuff can be too much but your symptoms deserve to be heard and communicating them is important, no matter how you do it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance