Skip to main content
site-logo
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

@Emelia8 here with you sweetheart 

πŸ’œπŸ’š

I really feel for you my beautiful friend @Emelia8 

it's so nice to see so much support 

love BB xxoo ❀️

@Emelia8  Darling Em gentle hugs.for my dearest friend.

Valentines Day Love GIF by Chibird - Find & Share on GIPHY

Dearest Em,

hmm, doesn’t mean it?  But it keeps happening.  I am not judging, really, just concerned for you and your safety.

to answer your questions, yes I have been cancer free since,  I have a mammogram and u,trasound annually.  The breast is full of hard scar tissue, so I wouldn’t know if there was a new lump there or not. It can be painful and aches nearly all the time. I am booked for my next ultrasound soon.

mine was on the right side, so not through the heart with the radiotherapy, but I got some lung inflammation at the time, but it settled and is fine.  I still have a red mark on the breast from the therapy.  In fact the boob looks a bit of a disaster area, but I am used to it.

the lymphoedemA was in the breast and did not go down the arm, it has not come back at all thank goodness.  Apparently with sentinel nodes on,y being removed the lymphoedemA is more likely to be in the breast. If you have all the lymph nodes down the arm stripped then it is more likely to occur in the arm and not the breast.  The physio I had was really good and did not stop treatment until it had resolved.

i do understand the situation you are in and how marriage can be. I admire your loyalty and what a good wife you are.  I feel an affinity with you too. I feel we woukd be good friends if we actually met. I am able to sit quietly with someone and do not need to be entertained. I am fairly introverted but can have my wilder moments.  

Keep resting up and just heal.

I don’t know about the smell, poor you, so long as it is not an infection in the wound or the skin? But the doctor has checked it. If the movement is restricted it could just be sweat in skin folds.  Talk to the breast care nurse. I would be concerned about it.

well dear Em. Hopefully you are asleep by now.  You are in my thoughts and care

love peri

@Emelia8πŸŒ»πŸ’•

@Peri πŸ’›πŸŒ·

@Peri πŸ₯°β€πŸ’–❀❀❀❀

@Emelia8 πŸ’–β€πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–β€πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

Good morning @Emelia8 

@I love you and care about you very much. You are a wonderful, kind hearted person and I hope today is much better for you.

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ’–πŸ’–

@Peri  hugs my friend. Please take care today

πŸ’–πŸ€—πŸ™πŸ€—πŸ’–

Dear @Emelia8 

I am so sorry to read about everything that you have been through.

I had no idea.

Result of posting on only a few threads.

So much information for you to take in at one sitting.

I think that you have been very brave in writing all of this and sharing such news with your friends on the forums.

I asked many questions and listened so intently when I had my first session with the neurosurgeon.

After the operation, I asked again to hear "I told you about all of this in your first session". My auto pilot response well I was in shock and actually do not remember one single thing that you told me.

I believe that you would be in some state of shock as that is so much to take on board let alone understand. Perhaps in writing all of this here you are already taking self care steps. You have a place to return to if your mind goes blank and you need answers.

You have had so many many challenges in the time that I have known you (I am sure that you are the person I think you are) under your former username.

You are still giving back so much to others.

You are a loving soul and I wish for you support from other well travelled souls in wherever this journey takes you..

Tears this end for so many reasons

Bless you dear @Emelia8 

SophiaπŸ’šπŸ’œβ€

Popping in some love this morning for you @Emelia8 

Thank you for your support over the weekend, I am sorry I wasn't really around. Needed to be present here for many reasons. I hope your day has started well, I can't recall if you have appointments this week, I think you might. I usually keep track but today my mind is blank I am sorry 😞

I do hope the pain has subsided over the weekend and that you can manage a little better now?

Love and hugs my dear friend, always thinking of you xox

Hello @Sophia1 

It is lovely to see you again, I trust you are ok? Enjoy your day if I don't see you xox

((((( @Peri )))))

You are a good friend to @Emelia8 and for this and all that you have personally endured I felt compelled to say hi and send you well wishes Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance