Skip to main content
site-logo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

It is indeed @Former-Member
With mum going back to work ill now the kids more until shes established but with her new work i dont know if her roster will change much.
She was snappy at me today in saying that ill be having the kids and not to do this and that. I dont get asked i get told instead.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander are boundaries something you have difficulty with in relation to your Mum?

Yeah @Former-Member ive been working on it but it never changes and i cant do alot about it. The kids need someone until shes home from work as well so im stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Im heading to bed in a few minutes @Former-Member so will say goodnight to you now ❤

Also i made up a few more bags and will donate some of them tomorrow while im out.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander at times I don't know what to say, but am here and listening.  I want to offer words that I think will strengthen, but I know we also need to sit with the discomfort of unpleasant emotions so we can work through them. Feeling unappreciated sucks,  as does feeling used.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

Goodnight, hope you get some decent sleep @outlander

Sorry lovely i need to get my emotions under control. Sometimes they run away and it comes out all wrong esp in my posting. Yes you are right sometimes we have to sit with stuff even though it can be painful and uncomfortable  too.

you being here is more than enough @Former-Member i appreciate it much more than what words can express. ❤
Im just not sure what to do or what the 'where to from here' answer is.
Iwas going to bed but i done the usual thing. Tired in the lounge room and i come to bed and im wide awake. ( i need an eye roll emoji!)

Are you going ok? Has Mr D gone into a normal sleep pattern yet? 

00f613f39dbac740a69ec416875561d2.jpg

@Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thought I'd get some shut eye too and logged off @outlander sounds like I got more than you. Mr D slept better for a couple of days, think he woke relatively early and could not get back to sleep.  We are now away - internet a bit limited. As I am so unfit and it is quite warm and am finding it hard walking around too much.

Im glad you both have been sleeping better now @Former-Member
I hope you have a pleasant time while your away 💌
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance